Where's the sybelle love?

I keep hearing how Sybelle is a big disappointment to other Seamus players. But after only a handful of games with her she has failed to disappoint once so I thought I would do a quick post on how I use the Madame of the redchappel gang. And hopefully get some good advice on how to use her in the future from more experienced players.

1. The Seamus alpha strike: sometimes you just want to several models act asap. And being able to form that vital link between Seamus and the rest of his belles make Sybelle incredibly useful

2. the Sybelle sling: getting a belle to some treasure or just up into and opponents deployment zone to tarpit models can be invaluable and with a high mask in ones hand Sybelle can pull it off first moving 8-12" depending on proximity of Seamus, calling a belle to within 3 inches of her, then having the belle move forward another 8-12" can really mess with an opponent’s plan. She also offers a way to get belles out of a situation they don't want to be in.

3. spell toolbox: Sybelle's spells have always had a good target when I have used her when up against (usually) high armor constructs "crave punishment" has given my opponent fits against living models shriek forces a moral duel form a distance possibly removing a key piece from my opponents plans for a turn or two.

Maybe I have just been getting lucky with Sybille. what are everyone else’s thoughts?

I love that rubenesque madam, particularly with a grave spirit linked to her. That makes her an effective middle range threat, and you can use belles to lure targets into range of her flurry too. She is not the obvious threat that the larger undead available are, but she often outlasts them because of her ability to shrug off some of the pain delivered.

I keep hearing how Sybelle is a big disappointment to other Seamus players. But after only a handful of games with her she has failed to disappoint once so I thought I would do a quick post on how I use the Madame of the redchappel gang. And hopefully get some good advice on how to use her in the future from more experienced players.

1. The Seamus alpha strike: sometimes you just want to several models act asap. And being able to form that vital link between Seamus and the rest of his belles make Sybelle incredibly useful

2. the Sybelle sling: getting a belle to some treasure or just up into and opponents deployment zone to tarpit models can be invaluable and with a high mask in ones hand Sybelle can pull it off first moving 8-12" depending on proximity of Seamus, calling a belle to within 3 inches of her, then having the belle move forward another 8-12" can really mess with an opponent’s plan. She also offers a way to get belles out of a situation they don't want to be in.

3. spell toolbox: Sybelle's spells have always had a good target when I have used her when up against (usually) high armor constructs "crave punishment" has given my opponent fits against living models shriek forces a moral duel form a distance possibly removing a key piece from my opponents plans for a turn or two.

Maybe I have just been getting lucky with Sybille. what are everyone else’s thoughts?

yep, you quickly found the awesome things about her.

i think anyone's disappointment from her stems from the fact that she dies easier than it seems like she should. she's good so your opponent focuses on her and down she goes. i find that she hardly ever gets to use regen. thats why a lot of people suggest linking a grave spirit to her.

she's not an autoinclude for me but i do like the call belle trick for treasure hunt. too bad you can only get the belle there and not back home which would be way more useful (and broken so thats why).

thank for the advice now I must get a grave spirit(laughs maniacally)

one quesiton though. why can't you used it to get the belle home?

example: sybelle has los and is within range but the belle is in melee with enemies(as is like to happen if she is holding the treasure) is if i read the rules right call belle can be used to push it to the far side of sybelle away from the enemies then when the belle activates she walks home, with sybelle in the way of any counterattack.

that would be my plan for treasure hunt yeah it requires sybelle to hang back but to get the treasure back safe and sound is totally worth it

one quesiton though. why can't you used it to get the belle home?

example: sybelle has los and is within range but the belle is in melee with enemies(as is like to happen if she is holding the treasure) is if i read the rules right call belle can be used to push it to the far side of sybelle away from the enemies then when the belle activates she walks home, with sybelle in the way of any counterattack.

that would be my plan for treasure hunt yeah it requires sybelle to hang back but to get the treasure back safe and sound is totally worth it

Well, it works to get the Belle back home. However, it won't work the way you liked it for Treasure Hunt. As according to errata a model will drop the counter before moving if it changes position on the table for any reason but a Walk action. You get the Belle home yes, but the treasure will be left behind at the center of the table ;P.

-Ropetus

yep, what ropetus said. i thought of that plan too and was pretty pumped about the ease i would be able to pull it off until i read the errata, then it was :theyareon

still useful to companion a belle, move sybelle close, call that companioned belle into base contact with the treasure and then go with the belle and at least be able to get 4-6" away depending on where seamus is. then you just have to keep people out of melee with her by luring with the other belles til you are home free.

but yeah unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your perspective) you can't just have sybelle stay at home and call the belle back to deliver the goods. however this also means that you can very annoyingly make your opponents drop it due to lure. oh man that's pretty fun :cheer2: hey big boy....

the grave spirit helps sybelle a little but once people figure out to take him out first it generally only saves sybelle 1 or 2 swings. most of the time i find the copycat killer more useful for his ability to switch places with seamus and the extra cannon shot per turn, though i would almost always try to focus it because his cb is so low. and then honestly some games i don't find a use for a totem at all so i don't bring one

I too am a fan of the big lady. Since she automatically has companion with all Belles, even the ones that you summon. I enjoy luring an enemy across the the map with my belles ("Oh, Mr. Executioner; what large claws you have...would you like to come over here? -flashes-) then just having Sybelle beat on them with her pink riding crop (I painted the riding crop pink. Don't judge me, it supports breast cancer research or something.)

Oh, and here's more of that song.

Oh, she's a Brick!...House.

She's mighty, mighty.

She's gonna let it all hang out

Edited by Aldyhide

one thing I started doing to get more use out of sybelle is actually not trying to used her in melee. I find her better at shrieking then charging half the time

shriek is more acurate, has the highest max damage of any of her attacks and against some models forces a moral test.

latly I've been using sybelle's melee skills as a backup plan for when my oponent has forced me into melee

one thing I started doing to get more use out of sybelle is actually not trying to used her in melee. I find her better at shrieking then charging half the time

shriek is more acurate, has the highest max damage of any of her attacks and against some models forces a moral test.

latly I've been using sybelle's melee skills as a backup plan for when my oponent has forced me into melee

You have a good point, my main issue is that I often don't get a chance to use morale duels, since most of the people I play with run constructs or undead >_<

• 2 weeks later...

L'grande Madame is always an auto inclusion in my Red Chappel Crew.

I've also had pretty good results using Shriek. It's the Belles in the crew that should be doing the up front work. Using Shriek (and her other spells) Sybelle can act as a kind of anchor for the belles whilst Seamus is doing his crazy stuff with the Copy Cat.

I find that Sybelle and the belles form a good solid core for the crew's activities.