Aside from minis, what else is in the Crew Boxes?

Grim

I keep coming back to Malifaux, I'm one of those gamers who go for minis first then the system hehe... anyway, I was wondering aside from the minis, do the crew boxes contain anything else? I think the local LGS doesn't carry the crew box I want, so I may end up having to pick up the individual minis, just want to know if I'll be missing stuff if I build my crew this way.Thanks!

Are there any 'quickstart' rules? Either included in the starter boxes or downloadable somewhere?

I play Warmachine and the fact that we could play games using only the contents of the starter boxes (because it included Quickstart rules) was a deciding factor way back before each of us bought 4 books, templates, official faction dice (the latter falling in the "don't buy it yourself, but makes great birthday gift"-category), etc. etc.

Those starter boxes with quickstart rules, you mean? [/snark]

Ahem, of course I mean: thanks for the info!

Yes, the ones that leave out entire sections of the actual rulebook, requiring you to basically learn the game two separate times.

For the same price as those, you can get 2 Malifaux boxes and the complete, color, illustrated rulebook with all the model stats and everything in it.

I happen to enjoy Warmachine (and Hordes) but let's have no more of that snark now. ;)

Does it have "New toys" smell?:decision:

Yes - I have just stuck my nose into one of my starter boxes and can confirm this to be the case.

The book also smells of new.

I can now also confirm that my first starter box has all but lost that smell.

This might be the start of an unwanted compulsion...