Uriel

Well, I just ordered my first minis, and for the Outcasts it is

Gremlin Box

Hog Caller

Mosquito

Piggies

Hans

Hamelin

I already have a 4 pack of Gremlins that I bought last year, purchased for use as Goblins in an RPG.

I also ordered some Neverborn, so (If the game is big enough), Hamelin can bring in some muscle,I suppose.

Thoughts?

-Urielblue

Alliance was out of both box sets...Dammit.

Uriel

There's a lot of selling out of Malifaux going on, which I take to mean that it's extremely popular. And that can only be a good thing :).

You'll get a lot of use from Hamelin, and for what it's worth I'd thoroughly recommend splashing out on a scenic base for him - he's quite small but comes with the dog separately an also a spare rat so you can get a good scene going with a suitably sewery base.

Can't he be part of a mixed force in the Brawl Level of encounter. I know that he can only have Gremlins and Piggies at Scrap level...

Indeed, he can join with another Outcast Master or Zoraida in a Brawl. That means he can ally with Zoraida or the Viktorias at the moment (Leveticus has his own rule about only allowing Constructs and Undead when he is present).

The Gremlin's have particular synergy with Zoraida: Both have lots of card control abilities ("Oops, looks like the Mosquito just ate all your Cards. Now, lets take a look at your deck before sending something nasty in...") and Zoraida can hire any Wp4 model so you could for example get Nurses to stuff your piglets full of steroids before sending them at your opponents.

-Ropetus