My Legion of Sorrow

artificer

Fantastic work. My only disparaging comment is that Kade knife blends in too much with the bae, I don't know if that is due to the just the photo or if the blade is the same color as the base.

Pandora and Candy look great, Candy especially with the innocent little girl vibe going on.

Thanks,

the blade is fairly bright steel, with a bad case of needing some steel wool and machine oil. It's the angle of the mini and light that shows only the rust and blood, and not the steel. I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it.

I'll re-shoot him (and everything) when I have more time to properly set the lights and use my tripod.

Love them - Kade has a serious creepy look to him.

thanks, Kade was one of the biggest things that got me to buy into the game. I'm glad the veining came through, even though the lighting in the picture isn't the best. He's underpainted a pale greenish grey with the veining done in purple. The skin is actually about 6 or 7 semi translucent layers finished with a fairly opaque highlight. I really wanted his skin to have that porcelain look very young children have (but this time in a bad way).

Here's my Teddy. I basically shot this out in two sittings. I'm calling him WIP because I'm not entirely certain I like the 'tummy of despair', or at least my current execution of same.

anywho, heeeeeeeeeeere's Teddy!

TeddyF.jpg

BTW: He isn't dull-coted yet, so the shine in various places is to be expected.

Let me know what you think about the tummy.

Not to post over myself, but I repainted Teddy's 'Tummy of Despair' and re-shot everything with a little better lighting and compression.

Teddy (new belly)

TeddyFr2.jpg

Pandora Front

PandoraFr2.jpg

Pandora 3/4 Rear

PandoraRr2.jpg

Candy Front

CandyFr2.jpg

Candy Rear

CandyRr2.jpg

Kade 1/4 Front

KadeFr2.jpg

Kade 3/4 Rear

KadeRr2.jpg

Sorrows 1,2,3

Sorrow1Fr.jpg

Sorrow2Fr.jpg

Sorrow3Fr.jpg

Share and Enjoy!

comments and criticism are always welcome.

Edited by artificer

Lovely Teddy. In a very pervert way. :)

Btw how did you make the bases?

Thanks for the nice comments.

The bases were made using strip cut basswood. I just trimmed the edges to meet the profile of the recessed area on the base and glued in using superglue. The nailhead marks were added with a small awl.

Nothing fancy, but I have a plan for an eventual display base.

I LOVE your Teddy!!

Got to be my favorite vision of Teddy so far. You do really nice work. My only comment is that I liked your 1st version a lot more than the second. When I saw the re-do I thought they were bird tracks, then I realised they were masks for Scream. Sorry.

Candy is my second favorite with Cade right on her heels. Fantastic work bringing so much character to those little guys. Can't wait to see what else you've got in the works.

I LOVE your Teddy!!

Got to be my favorite vision of Teddy so far. You do really nice work. My only comment is that I liked your 1st version a lot more than the second. When I saw the re-do I thought they were bird tracks, then I realised they were masks for Scream. Sorry.

.... Can't wait to see what else you've got in the works.

Thank you for the input,

Re: Teddy. I painted the first version with my face about 4 inches away from his belly, and it read really well. In the pic it looks pretty good too. From a distance of more than about a foot, though, it looked like the membrane that laces your flesh to your bones. It's a weird, white, slightly spongy material. I know from first hand experience.

It just didn't read properly from a distance. Looked like spiderwebs or (if you're privy to it, that membrane).

The newer version doesn't look as good close-to, I agree. From table top level though, it reads much more like wailing faces than the first version did.

I was really disappointed about having to do it over, but I think it was for the best.

As to what else is in the hopper, the answer is nothing until the end of March.

I did these as a break from my big terrain project for Adepticon. I'm producing 40 tables worth of terrain for the convention at the end of March (24 days left, as of Tues).

After that I have Lilith's Crew slated for paint, but unless something changes... I've got an (over) full plate until then.