Would you buy a new version of the Malifaux rulebook

Cenotaph

Yee Haw!

i admit, i'd prolly buy an updated book. but what'd be better would be almost a pamphlet that you can cut out / stick into existing rulebooks.. that'd be gurt lush!

well the nifty printable version of the Errata is right here. The book is slightly bigger than 8.5x11 so printed out it slides right into the book all pamphlet like.

I'd buy one. I'd even pay double the price probably, but I want a gold tin foil book cover with a hologram Gremlinette in her best slinky outfit ready to play greased hog.

Release one of those and a regular version and I promise to buy both. ;) I wouldn't want to risk getting the shiny gold tin foil cover all messed up...

Yes.

They are going to have to do more print runs of the book eventually. I see no real downside in including the errata in those. People who do not wish to buy it may simply use their old book and printed errata. If the cover was properly labeled there wouldn't be any discrepancy with people using different versions of the book. And, honestly, if there was any discrepancy, that means they're playing without the online errata, which could give a bad impression of the game. (infinite draw mosquitoes, anyone?)

It wouldn't even be a new edition of the game, which is what people seem to be scared of. It would be the same thing, just all in one place.

So, all in all, yes, absolutely.

But, I am not a publisher, a game designer, an editer, or an economist. There would be printing problems which are way above my head here.

All that said, I think a more pertinent question not already addressed in my previous thread is: should Wyrd publish the errata in subsequent print runs of the rulebook?

Yes.

They are going to have to do more print runs of the book eventually. I see no real downside in including the errata in those. People who do not wish to buy it may simply use their old book and printed errata. If the cover was properly labeled there wouldn't be any discrepancy with people using different versions of the book. And, honestly, if there was any discrepancy, that means they're playing without the online errata, which could give a bad impression of the game. (infinite draw mosquitoes, anyone?)

It wouldn't even be a new edition of the game, which is what people seem to be scared of. It would be the same thing, just all in one place.

So, all in all, yes, absolutely.

But, I am not a publisher, a game designer, an editer, or an economist. There would be printing problems which are way above my head here.

All that said, I think a more pertinent question not already addressed in my previous thread is: should Wyrd publish the errata in subsequent print runs of the rulebook?

Even this minor of a change would cause a whole new set of setup charges to get the book prepared. At which point it might as well be a second edition. Also talk to any warmachine players and the first 3 versions of the Prime rulebook, each one had a slightly different set of changes and without anything really big on the front saying "Revised" the only way to tell any difference would be to look at the copyright and the mark that said second and third printing.

Even this minor of a change would cause a whole new set of setup charges to get the book prepared. At which point it might as well be a second edition. Also talk to any warmachine players and the first 3 versions of the Prime rulebook, each one had a slightly different set of changes and without anything really big on the front saying "Revised" the only way to tell any difference would be to look at the copyright and the mark that said second and third printing.

I see. As I said, I have no idea about printing costs, so that seems like a pretty good reason not to do it.

And I probably would put a big stamp on the front that says, "Revised." That's exactly what would make sense, to me. And, even if the changes ended up being a bit off, it would probably be more convenient to have printed erratas for those differences, than the errata we have now. (although I do appreciate the errata we have now, and applaud Wyrd for releasing one that is so comprehensive and was so timely). But, all that said, if the economics don't work, the economics don't work.