Justice Viki twins build

River Song

OoooooooK,

Can I do this in a scrap? 30ss

Or can this option only be done playing a brawl

Using Justice with the Vik twins is not legal in a scrap. Scraps are 1-master per player games, and Justice and the Vik twins are both masters, therefore not possible. Each would lead their own crew.

Brawls are 2 master games (using masters of the same faction). Justice and Vik are from 2 different factions, so you wouldn't normally be able to field them....HOWEVER, Vik twins are the premium mercenaries of the game and can join masters from any faction (for the right price ;) )

Fielding Viks with Justice is why Our Good Lord saw fit to invent swift knees to the undercarriage.

Not as bad as Viks and Lilith, though.

If you do want a whole bunch of beatsticks, why not just the Viks, the three Ronin models out soon and Misaki or Hammerstrike?

That is your standard 25SS game right there.

It will be one-dimensional but the saturation of high damage melee models will give it a good chance against many lists.

Its also a very nice starter's list, you pretty much can't do anything wrong with them as long as you make a beeline for the opposing crew and hug cover where necessary.

It takes a while to get your head around one Master's abilities.

Hell, I've been playing for months and I still know I could be doing more with Raspy's Whiteout and Ice Pillars.

Adding in the complexity of two Masters, multiply by the number of permutations of activating 35SS+ worth of models in various sequences...that is a big logistical undertaking.

The time a game takes increases exponentially...its best to get fast at the small games then build up to the biggies.

Why are your Scrap crews cookie-cutter?

Make sure to select your crew after you know your objective - I'm running Raspy with Hoarcats/Cerberus, Arachnid Swarms and her regular Ice Golem crew...depending on whats needed.

Stick an Ice Golem with December's Touch out front against a Slaughter opponent - hilarity ensues :)

Why is it not many play Brawls?

Seems like it would more interesting to have the combination of characters then the cookie cutter gangs that are pretty standard for a Scrap.

There's still not really any cookie-cutter combinations outside of the box sets. People are still trying to find out what is "good" compared to other models in the game. The catch...the game is pretty balanced to begin with, but then good really depends on what your objectives are for the game. Basically, good can mean a lot of different things in Malifaux.

As for scraps vs. brawls...like many said, brawls just plain take longer, have more minis, have more managing to do...and just plain more of the "chores" that people don't want to deal with when playing a skirmish game. I'm sure there's plenty that feel differently, but this game is so new that many people are still trying to wrap their heads around strategy in smaller games.

Taelor. Can't go wrong with a 3 :melee hammer that puts out a 3/4/6 spread. Nino and the Convict for ranged and card control. Add a pair of Witchlings for more melee, ranged, anti-magic, and an explosive insurance policy. 35 stones on the nose (with Viktoria's For the Money rule). Smallest Brawl possible.

For a 45 stone Brawl, throw in the Austringer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...