Malifaux Crew Builder?

Totengraber

Turns out it wasn't too hard to convert the WM builder code to a Malifaux Crew builder.

I've got everything working similar to the WM & Hordes builder, just need to get the Resurrectionists, Neverborn and Outcast data entered...maybe get it done tonight but these Bayern Dragon's Breath dark heffs are going down fast....may not be able to type much longer ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turns out it wasn't too hard to convert the WM builder code to a Malifaux Crew builder.

I've got everything working similar to the WM & Hordes builder, just need to get the Resurrectionists, Neverborn and Outcast data entered...maybe get it done tonight but these Bayern Dragon's Breath dark heffs are going down fast....may not be able to type much longer ;)

Sounds good, I can't wait to see what you came up with. :D

Honestly, Jeff, this looks better than what I was planning on doing.

I haven't had much time to work on the builder I was going to make, so if someone else wants to do this, please feel free.

Thanks for the compliment ;)

I don't know though, I like the layout of your web builders and it looks like you are doing some validation plus including alot more model info than mine. As I've found with WM & H there's room for more than one. Mine probably won't be for everyone. Not sure how much validation I'll do. I would like to include more "model characteristics."

Well, it's done thanks to a healthy dose of OCD and beer...a Malifaux Crew Builder is online.

http://www.engineeringcalculator.net/CrewBuilder.html

Feel free to submit typos, criticism and bugs...just be kind, this is a hobby project and I was drinking when I wrote it :)

Here's a summary:

- Choose a Faction and Encounter Level from the control panel

- Add models by clicking the add button

- Remove them by clicking the "X" or dragging them out of the Crew Box

- Sort models by dragging them up or down in the crew box

- Companions are shown in parentheses below the model name

- You can Save and Load lists (need to sign in first)

- Click the "Show Copy & Past List" then press print to get a nice printout of your list

Limitations:

- Hobby project...bugs probably exist :)

- No Validation (an exercise left to the user)

- Sign in requires: Google, Yahoo, AOL or OpenID account.

Edited by MontanaJeff

Awesome job! Looks good, and easy to use!

Only one little thing to mention (as far as I looked)

in the first sentence is written this: "Use this page to build your next Malifaux Crew" With malifaux crew being a hyperlink. However, this link is directed to the privateer press site! ;)

Quick work! Thanks Jeff!

Typos:

- I see that the FA on the Rotten Belle's is 1, instead of U.

- Bete Noirel instead of Bete Noire.

- A lot of the names in the Ressurectionist section are done as plurals, whereas singular would be better [Necropunk, Rotten Belle]

- Are the Mercs listed at 1 extra SS cost? That should be the case, if not. However, depending on the Master, the cost for Killjoy would change, so I'm kinda curious how that is worked out.

Also, the Totems should probably not be FA: U, and probably FA: 1 [except for Vultures and Mosquitoes].

Looks great though! Good job!

there's also a couple of problems with the exceptions:

1) Zoraida can hire any model with a WP of 4 or less (this includes papa loco and the gremlins)

2) Hamelin can hire a Ht 1 model (lots o' option)

3) Marcus can hire Any beast at no additional cost (Waldgeist)

4) Leveticus can hire any undead, construct or soulless.

Good job on a quick setup.

1) Zoraida can hire any model with a WP of 4 or less (this includes papa loco and the gremlins)

Yeah and as someone else mentioned Nicodem can hire any undead at cost as well. Which means Killjoy at the moment but who knows in the future.

Most of these things are possible, just not as easy as they could be:

You can load a different faction in the control panel and then add the models to an existing crew. So, for the Nicdem/Killjoy example, add Nicodem, switch to the Outcast list then add Killjoy at 11 instead of 12.

Some of the items listed will require better auto filtering. But this means that the models would need to be filtered based on Master, not faction. Something to think about...

That is what I was running into. The validation of what is available under a master with weird rules or a minion who could allow other models to be recruited (or had restrictions in a scrap vs. a brawl) was making it such that I couldn't figure out a database design that would answer all the weird (Wyrd?) crew-building rules.

Good job, Jeff!!

Characteristics have been added to the models. I don't have the Johan/M&SU exception in yet. Probably will just a "M&SU" version of Johan at 1 pt less.

Obviously this is not the AoI or Tabletop Commander of Malifaux but hopefully it helps a bit with trying out some ideas and saving your lists ;~)

Thanks for all the input so far guys!

• 2 weeks later...