Tuesday Tussles at RIW Hobbies, Livonia, MI

nerdelemental

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Josh! We start ~6 (earlier if we know someone's for sure getting up there earlier) and we game until ~11. During the school year (I teach public high school) I usually bail as close to 10:30ish as possible as I get up at the crack of insanity. Right now we're there until 11:30ish without a problem and some guys are pretty content staying out even longer. Ultimately, you'll plan for at least one solid game, two if you roll one out and then roll right into another. Pre-planning opponents and lists facilitate that, but if you play by the book (strategy, schemes, army) just have a good idea of what you hope to run and you'll be golden.

You thinking about heading our way in the next week or two?!

Oh, I almost forgot: Pam's planning to bring a batch of the Malifaux army bags into the store and was curious who might be interested in buying them. Give me a shout here or in the store if it's something you think you'd like and I'll give her a head count.

Definitely Maybe. What's the cost on these? And I assume the foam is separate?

• 1 month later...

The league is winding down and I had way more fun in it than I expected to have (other game's organized leagues always left me irritated).

Now that we're getting back to our normal pace, feel free to stop by RIW on Tuesday nights to get an introduction to the game from me, Josh (jmp_mydog), or any one of the Mali regulars.

Also, I'm looking forward to playing something beside Neverborn for the next couple of weeks and my eye's on a Marcus list! Ben, if you're reading, seems we haven't been able to throw down in a while. Wanna get a beating with something other than the Ugly Stick?

The league is winding down and I had way more fun in it than I expected to have (other game's organized leagues always left me irritated).

Now that we're getting back to our normal pace, feel free to stop by RIW on Tuesday nights to get an introduction to the game from me, Josh (jmp_mydog), or any one of the Mali regulars.

Also, I'm looking forward to playing something beside Neverborn for the next couple of weeks and my eye's on a Marcus list! Ben, if you're reading, seems we haven't been able to throw down in a while. Wanna get a beating with something other than the Ugly Stick?

If you're playing Marcus and nobody else steps up count me in.

• 1 month later...

All over from what I understand. A group was playing at Pandemonium on Mondays. A group has been growing up near Flint. Plenty of players are popping up in the Downriver area. Although a haul for a lot of players, RIW seems to be a central place where everyone convenes on Tuesdays. We get 12+ out there on any given Tuesday...

All over from what I understand. A group was playing at Pandemonium on Mondays. A group has been growing up near Flint. Plenty of players are popping up in the Downriver area. Although a haul for a lot of players, RIW seems to be a central place where everyone convenes on Tuesdays. We get 12+ out there on any given Tuesday...

There's 5 of us total all from around flat rock, gibraltar, and rockwood. We checked out pandemonium, but noone was there the 2 times we went. Flint's a bit of a road trip from our area.

Can you carpool up our way? Mapquest makes it look like you could do it up Telegraph in, what, about half an hour?

We'll give you some decent, probably fun games.

And if you get me drunk I'll probably tell you all the plans for the next major expansion (of course, I don't drink, so good luck, but it's probable I'd start talkin'!).

Oh, and the Pandy players, I hear, are a bit fickle and come and go more than we do. We're playing every Tuesday without fail. If we get another league going, I suspect Pandy playing will pick right back up. I think, because of our consistency, we may have even poached a few of their players. It's not much further to RIW, especially if you continue up to 96 instead of getting off at Ford. I'm suspecting you'll be in the car about the same duration. :)

Edited by nerdelemental

Can you carpool up our way? Mapquest makes it look like you could do it up Telegraph in, what, about half an hour?

We'll give you some decent, probably fun games.

And if you get me drunk I'll probably tell you all the plans for the next major expansion (of course, I don't drink, so good luck, but it's probable I'd start talkin'!).

Oh, and the Pandy players, I hear, are a bit fickle and come and go more than we do. We're playing every Tuesday without fail. If we get another league going, I suspect Pandy playing will pick right back up. I think, because of our consistency, we may have even poached a few of their players. It's not much further to RIW, especially if you continue up to 96 instead of getting off at Ford. I'm suspecting you'll be in the car about the same duration. :)

Geez I drove up for the tourney and I did t get anything from the next expansion. ;P. Jk it was fun. Like dakrulz said we play Tues and Fri and anybody from Livonia or anywhere that is willing to make a hike can come hang with me and my crews. (Including you Bowen even though we already discussed this and you can't leave there Tuesday's whichever is understandable.)

Hey dark knight just thought i'd give you some insight I play at pandy on thursday night with 4 other players 3 of us just picked up the game but 2 of our players have multiple crews been playing for awhile.

I can do up too 40 point games 2 of the players can only do 25's at the moment and the two vets could do brawls if you wanted. We usually meet up there between 6:30 pm - 7:00pm to play and some of us can stay till they close but a couple have to leave earlier 10:30 pm because of work.

If you or anyone you know whats to come up to pandy on thursdays to play you would be more than welcome to stop buy and play/hang out and see if you'd like to join our group.