Multiple copies of the same mini?

Math Mathonwy

I dislike doubling up on minis - especially so in skirmish games. Our gaming group has played Hell Dorado, Infinity, Alkemy and Confrontation basically without doubling up even though in some cases it can lead to a pretty huge advantage. Is it required in Malifaux? At least some of the Resurrectionists seem to kinda need it (Seamus summoning up new Belles for example). Gremlins also look like they would benefit rather greatly from having more of the little blighters.

So, if doubling (or tripling) up is kinda necessary, are there plans on making alternative sculpts of the most crucial fodder?

Conversions are naturally one approach, but not every mini lends itself easily to conversion with my poor skills.

How do other people feel about using multiple copies of the same mini?

I like you try to not double up, even if it's purely from a record keeping perspective. I've got some more Death Marshals, and I'm going to try and change the poses a bit from the ones I've got.

However while more poses would be nice, the problem is it then eats into the time of sculpting new miniatures, and you're not always going to sell them to people.

Well, so far, any of your above examples (belles, gremlins, sorrows, piglets, terror tots) have at least 3 sculpts in a single blister as well as 3 unique stat cards for the models (images match the sculpts). It may not cover someone running 15 gremlins, but for now it's better than 1 or 2 sculpts per...

With the exception of the Gremlins you can probably get by with 3 unique sculpts. When you start playing higher point armies you start to find the best models to drop out of the starter if you need extra points are the common ones(like belles or Punk Zombies), since you know in game that you can get them out other ways.

That and with the amount of choices per faction, I find that I don't tend to want to dedicate points to many more then 2 or 3 of the same model.