Tokens?

blkdymnd

The fellas came up with a really easy way to go about that ... by using bases. 30mm and 50mm round lipped bases like the ones that come with our miniatures.

We'll be providing downloadable and printable template toppers in the future for folks that wish to print something out and place it in the base, as well as manufacturing our own base inserts/toppers down the line (corpse and scrap tokens come to mind easily .. blast tokens, etc). We plan to have a bit of fun with this.

It always annoyed me that companies which require you to use 'markers' and 'tokens' that remain in play are reluctant to state how big a marker or token to use even when it affects victory conditions and model placement. Especially when they have the perfect sized marker/token on every model in the game.

So it was specified in the Malifaux rules. One of the perks of writing a ruleset, you get to put in what you've been missing in other game rules. ;)

It always annoyed me that companies which require you to use 'markers' and 'tokens' that remain in play are reluctant to state how big a marker or token to use even when it affects victory conditions and model placement. Especially when they have the perfect sized marker/token on every model in the game.

So it was specified in the Malifaux rules. One of the perks of writing a ruleset, you get to put in what you've been missing in other game rules. ;)

and yet we had so many "interesting" ideas about how to do them before we ended up with the bases.

Exactly, that's pretty insensitive, RS.

What about amputees? Or baby hand folks? Or flipper babies?

Actually, flipper babies and webbed handed people would have a decided advantage in the template category as well as the creepy 6-fingered people.

I say, you come up with one standard sized hand, and anyone that wants to play Malifaux get measured up and we cut them to size. If they are under the limit, well sorry genetics just said you play with a smaller template...

oh... was that my outside voice again?

Yeah, yeah, this was all brought up during the beta test. As I said then, we can provide a rubber hand template for these players. It would, of course, be designed after my own hand.

This hand would be intended for template use only! I could not be held accountable for other uses of the hand beyond those intended by the manufacturer!

Actually, flipper babies and webbed handed people would have a decided advantage in the template category as well as the creepy 6-fingered people.

Well, that's something else I can cross off the list of 'things I didn't expect to read today...'

Yeah, yeah, this was all brought up during the beta test.

And I'm worried that's true.

As I said then, we can provide a rubber hand template for these players. It would, of course, be designed after my own hand.

This hand would be intended for template use only! I could not be held accountable for other uses of the hand beyond those intended by the manufacturer!

Man, you know what players will end up doing with that thing. And they will take picktures/video of it, and put it up on certain websites...