Your Favorite Faction (prerelease)

Peterdita

I am as yet undecided. I love Zoriada, Rasputina and (probably) Seamus, and coming in close are Lady Justice and 'Teeth. This is based mostly on the models/themes but Zoriada and Rasputina definitely seem like my kinda gals game-wise! I'll have to wait to see the rules before deciding on a main faction.

edit:me spel unglish aw gud an stuf.

I'm pretty all over the place. The only faction that doesn't have me chomping at the bit is Res, and only because I had to choose just one not to collect.

Overall, I guess I like everything the Guild offers, but I get most excited to play Pandora. Viki twins (and logical army selection) I love quite a lot, too. I'm a good counter to TBK in that I love the Arcanists and Outcasts quite a lot but not Ramos and Leveticus. :)

Rasputina and Marcus are really cool.

I voted Neverborn because there's just over the top variety in everything they offer!

I voted for the true denizens of Malifaux... The Nephalim Rock!!!

That being said... I do have a 3 Guild Crews already assembled and painted. I also have 3 Arcanist Crews assembled and waiting to be painted... Then there are all of the Outcasts...

OK, I like them all...

Hello... My name is Steve and I have an addiction...

You missed a couple options:

'all'

and

'chainsaw' and 'baby'

Exactly.

I love Sonnia and Perdita, but I also love Seamus, Rasputina, the twins, Som'er Teeth, Zoraida, and McMourning.

I definitely help out with the Guild smack talk here, but that's mainly just to annoy TBK. He did make sure Sonnia was a monster for me, though. ;)

Eric might be neutral publicly, but we all know where his true allegiance lies.

I can't vote in this one. I've seen too much of what's to come to really ignore any faction.

morning everyone! I'm up and the Neverborn again, are winning it by a hair. Love hearing what everyone has to say about why they're picking the faction they are, and will be fun to see how people may change once they game is out a bit.

And I still officially stay neutral :D

morning everyone! I'm up and the Neverborn again, are winning it by a hair. Love hearing what everyone has to say about why they're picking the faction they are, and will be fun to see how people may change once they game is out a bit.

And I still officially stay neutral :D

That whole "officially" thing applies to Kel and TBK, too, right? It's not like Kel likes bacon or anything. ;)

I wouldn't have actually thought the Resurrectionists would be ahead at this point. I think throughout all of development I was worried that they would end up boring, so they got a little extra spice mixed in, I hope they can grab a lot of attention also once the rules are all out as well :)

Gah - can't decide, everything just looks so good.

I guess I'll have to tally what I have and figure it out from there:

Guild: Lady Justice's Crew, Perdita (alone for now).

Resurrectionist: Nicodem's Crew and Shamus' Crew.

Neverborn: Pandora's Crew (plus Avatar form, minus the Sorrows).

Arcanist: Rasputina (alone for now).

Outcast: Bounty-Hunter Viktoria (alone for now).

Hmm. Guess I'll have to go with the Resurrectionists.

oh man, too tough to call.

i'd start by saying that the guild is the one that interest me the less (tough the ortegas are starting to grow on me).

I don't have much interest for the outcast except for the gremlins. I'll probably use the others once in a while as mercenaries , but I don't plan on buying a whole faction of them.

For the arcanist, I really really like the steamborg, hopefully the other classes will be as cool as him. Marcus crew is also one of my favorite, every single models in it is insane. Hopefully we'll see the rules for the cerberus soon. I have zero interest in rasputina and her crew.

In the ressurectionist, I really dig mcmourning. He loos like the crazy orthopedist in the video game vampire the masquerade (best video game sequence ever). His miniature, tough simple ,is one of the greates i've ever seen. Really catch the craziness of the character . I'm eager to see the other construct he will have. Mad hatter crew his mad cool also (the belle are gorgeous). Not too much interest in nicodem

Among the neverborn, Pandora is the one that interess me the less, while Zoraida is among my three favorite master. I like the way she plays ( in other mini games I play, i usually likes to play factions that put hex and curse on the ennemy). Her totem (the vodoo doll) also seem really fun to play with (and I'm pretty sure the mini will be magnificient). As for Lilith, i like her, but perhaps not enough to make a crew out of her (unless I really like the way she plays).

So finally, Id say it's a stalemate between Ramos, Marcus, Zoraida and mcmournning. I'll probably make my choice depending on the factions of the persons i play with

I must admit, I'm very shocked that the Res are winning. In playtest and on the boards they always seemed to get the least amount of discussion. This is veyr surprising. Though I am curious how thigns will change...

Also Eric, the Res are probably the dullest faction at the moment gameplay wise. But they have all the fundamentals covered. In the next book there's a lot of room for lots of really cool and weird special troops. Really play up undead-victorian and undead-steampunk while creating lots of cool rules for them.

Now unit coolness wise, all the masters are very cool. Though their general units seem to lack a lot of pizzaze. They're very much filling undead roles. With some obvious exceptions like Nurses, Bette Noire and such. Again, next book. We'll see what cool stuff comes up. :)

I agree Isoulle, I can't belive the Res are winning either. Heard little about them in the testing boards and they started this poll the lowest, and out of nowhere they are top of the list. Funny how that works, sometimes. Maybe their fans are the quite, reclusive types that don't let you know they are there until it's to late.

Also Eric, the Res are probably the dullest faction at the moment gameplay wise. But they have all the fundamentals covered.

I disagree. I think they have a lot of character and a lot of interesting combos. I never found playing them dull when compared to other factions.