Malifaux table

Raf

Hi guys,

For the ones who don't know me I'm a 35 years old frenchman, living in Thailand. I'm planning to make a Modular Malifaux table and was thinking to start with two sections:

- A beastmasters camp

- A bayou/ swamp.

I have a few questions:

- What should be the size of a regular Malifaux table ?

- The beastmasters (at least Myranda), have a kind of native- american feel, they also seem to be close to nature. What could be a habitat for them ? A kind of ranch or indian camp?

- I imagine the Bayou gremlins living in a cabin, the Silurids in a cave, and Zoraida in a small cabin or tent. Does it suits the Malifaux fluff ?

Any comments, answers or other ideas welcome.

Thanks,

The standard table's 3x3, but you can put it together however you'd like (bigger games can run 4x4 or larger).

As far as terrain, you have it pretty much right on the button. Zoraida/Gremlins/Silurid would work well with the above plus anything swamp-ish youd like to throw in (mangrove trees, standing reeds, water).

The beastmasters sounds good. Not so much that they're Native American-themed, but the Badlands where they might gather specimens would definitely fit the Southwest.

I quite sure the gremlins could live in one of those:

BayouCabin.jpg

bayou.jpg

Bayou_Shack_by_ice9trout.jpg

However, I do not know if I go for a "comic" feel with walls oversized at the top and curved roofs like in the first picture, or for a more realistic look. A comic look could be fun, but that will imply that all my buidings will have to share it. What do you guys think ?

yeah, I like that top one also, real good style to it, although maybe a deathtrap for gremlins unless there was water at the bottom...they're not the most careful creatures...

They definitely would have inventive construction though, things that wouldn't completely make sense and likely would end up with that fantasy type feel to it...I think you're on a good track

Thanks for all the replies guys, that's quite a success. Then, picture 1 it will be (will be much lower however). I've already started actually. It's going to be fun to make it, no doubt about it.

I would be also quite interested to have your views on the "beastmasters" camp.

elysium64: I googled "bayou cabin" . Isn't the web just great to find inspiration ? http://www.digitalmekkastudios.com .