A Proper Introduction

elysium64

Hi

Now that I have the invisible New Thread button I thought I would introduce my self properly.

I have been collecting miniatures for over 30 years. My first figure being bought for me by my Grandma when I was 10 from Rye Stamp and Hobby shop (run by the almost legendary Bill Brewer), it was a Minifigs ECW musketeer which I promptly painted in gloss Airfix paint.

I soon discovered fantasy miniatures, Citadel, Ral Partha and the superb Minifigs "Valley of the Four Winds". I dabbled with RPG's D&D, Runequest, and my favourite Call of Cthulhu, I also played first edition Warhammer.

I am primarily a miniature painter/collector but about 15 years ago I met Matakishi in his shop in Woking, Surrey (check out his website http://www.matakishi.com/ a great inspiration full of great ideas, his productivity rate is outstanding) where I got fully into gaming, playing Fire and Fury, Hordes of the Things, Principles of War, and many other rulesets along with various RPG's inc. Deadlands, Vampire, Ars Magica.......

I am currently planning the opening of a miniatures shop next year!

Below is a selection of some of my older painted miniatures

Simon20wolf20220600.jpg

Simon20Dot20120600.jpg

Simon20scarecrows20120600.jpg

Simon20munchkins20120600.jpg

Simon20baby20120600.jpg

033.jpg

023.jpg

I have been aware of Wyrd miniatures for sometime, but having just discovered Malifaux I am hooked, I love card based miniature games and the background also appeals to me. I have placed my first order yesterday, being unable to decide on favourite factions I ended up buying:

Death Marshalls

Ortega's

Seamus and his Belles

Lilith and Nephilim

Bayou Gremlins

Zoraidas clan

Can't wait to to recieve them.

Having built a Keelboat (see miniatures showcase) I plan to start off with a 2x2 Swamp board followed by a Town board, and I'll see where I go from there.

I am looking forward to becoming an active part of this friendly forum.

Edited by elysium64

Hello and welcome. Love that little pink rabbit guy! lol

Love seeing your stuff! keep it coming!

I'd try and push the Malifaux board to a 3'x3' if you can... I'm about to build one and I'm thinking collapsable 1.5'x3' planks x 2 for transportation and storage. Not sure yet, maybe we can pick each others brains for ideas and what nots?

See you around the boards!

Hello and welcome to the wyrd forums! Sorry for the slow reply, just getting back from Origins and catching up on my forum'n. Glad to hear we've caught your interest.

Really nice to see your painted minis! And with the minis you just ordered I am very much looking forward to seeing the paint jobs you do on them, you have a great selection there.

Hope your stay at wyrd is a good one, and always glad to have more converts to Malifaux :D

My figures arrived today and I was very happy to see that I had the new Box sets, and very funky they are! The figures are even lovelier. I will start with painting the Ortega's first, I think, very hard to make the choice as I love them all.

But the current plan is to paint in the following order:

Ortega's

Lilith and the Nephilim

Seamus and his Belles

Lady Justice and the Death Marshalls

Zoraida, and her clan

Bayou Goblins (would paint these first but will await release of their Master before starting)

Have also started collecting matierials for two 3x3 boards one a swamp with Mansion house and River, the other a town or mine also with river to connect to swamp.

Will create new thread once first figures painted.

Edited by elysium64