What would be a good Archanist Starter

Well I'm really partial to Ramos personally.

He gets all sorts of Steampunk Arachnids. The Steamborg.

Joss! Sooo cool!

Rasputina is all about freezing things. I hope you like icicles.

Marcus is a furry lover. Beasts are his shtick.

So. Ramos is obviously the BEST choice! (Yes I am totally biased)

The new Razorspine Rattler is a beautiful piece and one of my new favorites, personally. Marcus is the Beast Master but he gets a lot of help from Myranda.

While Myranda and Marcus might have some magicy ability, the beasts are mostly close combat guys. You might look at some ranged models like Hans or Alyce from the Outcasts to help out with some lead. Or you might want to emphasize your close combat smashiness with Taelor or Bishop to really add to the bruising once they reach the scrum.

I like Rasputina and the Ice Golem (actually, the only wyrd minis that i have :P )

But if you like the Beast Masters, I think that the two beast masters and their beast could be a good start point. I'm thinking that all the "starters" are made for 5 minis of human size, a band made of 4 minis, but with two bigs, could be balanced with the others...

So, Lilith has 4 models of young nephilims and a big one...

Chalk another up for Ramos, he has been my personal favorite since day one! I just love all of his mechanical steampunk creations.

Raputina is a close second, though... she can really give the opposition "the cold shoulder"...

Marcus is fun, but as others have noted him and his beasts are primarily close combat related, so some mercenary ranged units might come in handy.

trash talk away!

But when choosing what crew to build, it really all starts with the master! So do you like Ramos, who is electrical based, with mechanical creations, Rasputina who is cold based with creatures made of ice, or Marcus who is the beastmaster and can lead any beast into battle?

My bosses at the Guild say the best Arcanists starter is 'five pine coffins, all labeled "To Whom It May Concern".'

(Or is it too early to start faction trash-talking?)

Oh I agree here.

The Arcanists are going to need a lot of pine coffins to put all the dead guild members in. Five is a modest number to be sure but this is a starter set.

Oh I agree here.

The Arcanists are going to need a lot of pine coffins to put all the dead guild members in. Five is a modest number to be sure but this is a starter set.

My bosses would like to request that you stop putting your dead in pine coffins. Feel free to just stack them up in nice piles and leave them out for us to pick up. They'll be gone so quick that you'll think they got up and walked away.

Thanks

The Resurrectionists