Indy Movie?

Saw this on the weekend. I didn't hate it, or feel that it marred my memory of the previous ones, though I certainly don't think it's up to the quality of the originals. There are a couple of over-the-top parts. The soda fountain, McCarthism 50's threw me a little for an Indy movie, but once it got down to the action the when didn't much matter.

It was okay. I've been a huge Indiana Jones fan since I saw the first one back in my younger days, so I was really looking forward to this, especially considering they took so long to make it. I figured that since they were being so picky with the script, then it would be even better than any of the others.

That's not to say that it's a bad movie; it's fun, has some funny moments in it and there's some decent action sequences. Some parts of it are kind of cheesy and some are fairly predictable. I won't get into them; don't want to spoil it for anyone.

I was kind of frothing at the mouth to see this and the only thing I can say is agree with everyone that has commented here...

doesn't kill the originals but didn't leave me entirely satisfied that it adds any more to the first three....enjoyed it but wouldn't say it is a big film that you must rush out and see....I'd say see it at the theatre if for no other reason than to here the music in a theatre setting and take in some of the big scenes but wait until the cheap seats are available....