Come out now if you promise to behave...

matty1001

A little fun one I did today in about 3 hours or so. (However long it takes to watch Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse Bride back to back!)

Just wanted to do something quickly as something else I was working on dragged on a bit and I wanted a change.

PixieWeb.jpg

I'v also took a ton of WIP shots, found here for now:

http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbraid#100447

And i'l have a step by step tutorial wrote up soonish. (And you may notice I started to forget to take pics near the finishing, much more nearer the start lol)

Hope you like it.

P.S if anybody knows what character and from what film (I already given a clue) said the line on the plinth, then they can have this model for free :)

Cheers everyone :)

Thryth, you'll find out the secret when I write up the tutorial haha, but its mainly down to something I learnt a while back about treating areas of the model as flat shapes and highlighting/shading as if there were no detail. Il fully explain it though when I write it up. And feathering the paints, that helps to for quick jobs.

Then there is the fact this fella is only 15mm tall...and using an airbrush for things like that base...

...Il shut up now lol

Done the first part of the write up, the head. I'v tried explaining the smooth 3D object technique (with added illustrations) and although I understand it fine, it may not read well for other people.

Let me know If it's understandable enough.

Just got the second half to do now...the base and the rest of the figure (which won't be as in depth as the head bit)

DIRECTO LINKO...

Not sure who told me about treating parts as simplified 3D objects, it may have been Anders....hhmmmmm

Very cool tutorial! I like how you give the example of painting the shadows and highlights as though it were a smooth object.

So it makes sense then...cool :)

I'v added another page on making and painting the base.

Just one or two pages to go now. Should have it finished in the next day or two. It takes ages to get anything done with the flipping builders in!