other base inserts?

thetang22

I was wondering if there are any other companies that make base inserts like the ones Wyrd makes? I've looked around a little bit, but it seems like the stuff I find are for complete bases, not just the inserts. I really like the way they look but there just isn't enough variety available right now through Wyrd, so I was curious if I could find more to choose from.

I can't really say because ..

A) several ideas have been discussed

B) I don't know which oes Nathan will go for next

C) Nathan will beat me with a big stick..

one thing that I think can be pretty much nailed as a certain after seeing the work involved with the poduction of the first sets that whatever they are the quality will be top and they will compliment the models well...

More sewer and graveyard/rural (farmland) types would be great.

Lets see some Urban Malifaux (a mix of dusty street and cobblestone?)

Mad Necromancer/Steampunk sorceror laboratory bases would rock.

And for those of you looking for some other premades, look at epicast. Basic, but nice. I use some of them for my 40k armies, though I love the more dynamic wyrd ones *just ordered some today, couldn't resist any longer*.

That one isnt in my gallery yet tough, currently Im overhauling my site, so only a small selection is online (as I really want to have only finished pieces online, instead of thousands of wips previously). it will be soon :)

(also tryed out the new forum functions now, I still dont really understand them :))

Couple of months should see some others coming down the line from us.

While I will admit that it wasn't an original idea when I threw it out, I thought it was...more because I hadn't heard of it before and wanted to see if I could come up with something. In October '07 I mentioned it here but then November and December rolled around and I just couldn't get anything together. The idea behind basing inserts came about in early 2006 for me...it's now been 2 years and I'm still nowhere with them...I'm glad to see somebody did something about it. I think it's awesome and I am highly impressed with the quality!

Now for some ideas...

I would like to see basing inserts that incorporate a water scene (pond, pool, fountain, whatever). Same would apply for swamp inserts.

I would also like to see display inserts that could promote the miniature you've painted, such as; a 1/4" to 1/2" plinth-like pillar to set your mini upon.

I would also like to see 3-D symbols raised on the inserts to represent runes or some type of gothic language...maybe even figure unique names???

Anyways, just throwing out some ideas.

:ciao:

woot woot....... what style is it your looking for tt22 ?? just as a thought .. I am playing with a few different variations at the moment on the Wyrd ones and who knows what your after may give me some inspiration and ideas I can pass on....

Personally, I'd like to see any base inserts that would represent the type of locations you'd find in Malifaux. I'm wanting to get my miniatures ready for it, and as of right now we have graveyard and sewer. I like the way the sewer look, but don't really think they work for the ideas I have. The graveyard bases work for me, but after I do one faction and start on the next, I have to choose sewer, or else graveyard again. I'd rather have a little bit more selection so that I can keep the bases for each of the factions unique.

Right now I have the Mad Hatter's faction ordered with graveyard bases. When I look at the other current factions, there aren't any of them that really jump out at me as going well with the sewer bases. Most of them will work well on the graveyard bases, but the sewers are just a bit too particular of a style for the limited factions currently available. I'm just hoping for more bases that will give my factions a unique feel of Malifaux.

I agree with the sewer only really working for a limited range, My thoughts being Doctor McMorning, killjoy and the like as well as Hamelin the rat catcher. Other than that, the Ice bases work well for Rasputina and her crew, but would be nice to have a few more not quite graveyard but possibly something equally dead(bubbling cesspool, something (shudder) nurglish (did i just say that). And after seeing Lilith and her Posse on the lava bases, its hard to imagine them on anything else.

I've been wanting to have ghostly/skeletal things coming out of the ground for some bases, but have found it prohibitive to do for just a few bases (so I need to buy a few models, cut them up to do the base, and do that for every base I want to do in that style (ot counting the amount of retries I'll need), or make my own moulds. Yeah, sure, like that's going to happen).

Something like arms/hands reaching out from under the earth, or ghostly faces rising from a misty ground, or just something spooky and creepy for a couple of undead models I want to work on...