It's Opening Day!

For those of you who didn't know, I am a *big* baseball fan. It's the only sport I watch (or listen to or read about) and the only one I get excited about.

And today is Opening Day of the 2008 season.

Yes, today my beloved Cubs take the field to try once again and start on the path to the World Series. Will this finally be the year?

Yes it will! This is the year. 100 years without a chamionship is enough!

Baseball season is here!

Go Cubs!

:party:

:bounce:

:cheer2:

RIGHT ON HINTON!!!!! I knew there was a reason I liked you, besides the hat that is. Although My Braves went douwn to defeat [3-2] on Ryan Zimmerman's walkoff homer, what a game, & what a beautiful new stadium the Nationals have. Great Stuff.

Opening Day & to a lesser degree, Sping is God's way of saying life will continue.

I did the same thing when they went on strike in '94 (and wound up cancelling the WS); I was so angry and fed up with baseball. While I still kind of kept up on it because I love the game, I didn't watch games or really pay attention to any of of the details.

It wasn't until '98 when Sosa and McGwire were chasing the home run record that I got back into it. And the only reason that I did that was because Sosa was a Cub at the time.

I still think they're way overpaid, but the love of the game keeps me coming back.

I'm a hot/cold baseball fan.

I started to get into it once, then the strike killed my interest....but now I've slowly started getting back into it.

It does seem a bit early though for Opening Day...egads, we've got snow on the way!!

It is something to pay attention to, at least until my real sport comes back on....(FOOTBALL!!)

I've been going to 10-15 Giants games a year for several years, but they're consistent string of poor management has finally caught up to me, and I would be surprised if I catch more than a couple this year. The whole steroids thing didn't help...as the second you involve government in sports, it brings out the worst in everyone involved, and I just don't want to watch these guys anymore :(

I'm mostly gearing up for the Hockey playoffs! Go Sharks!

okok, Go Giants also, I have to admit I've been following them today losing to those Stink'n dodgers!