Server move for Wyrd

The server which Wyrd is housed on will be making a move next week to another server. Hopefully this will be a good thing, speed up a few things around here and keep things stable.

Naturally there is a chance that they'll ball up the whole job, but hopefully there won't be any server interruption.

Just a heads up.

Supposedly its going to happen on Monday but they expect to have everything running and going all through Friday while the move a huge amount of data and servers (ours is just one out of many).

I don't expect there will be any problems, but if there is, I'll get on it immediately, or yell at someone until it does get taken care of.

:D

If anyone is experiencing ANYTHING odd on the site (broken links, slow server, whatever), please let me know. They've moved us over to the new server officially now, and I've caught a few issues already which they are working on (or already fixed), but I want to make certain that everything is taken care of.

Thanks.

I think stability more than anything, as we've had some outages in the past which shouldn't have happened. Hopefully it will speed up things for people as well, but I've come to find that that also depends on what pipeline you are on as well as some folks can access it quicker than others simply due to pipeline location.

We're already on a dedicated server, not sure what else I can do to speed it up. Maybe one of you geeks out there can throw out some options.

Also, thanks for pointing that out Duende, got that table fixed in the database.

I think stability more than anything, as we've had some outages in the past which shouldn't have happened. Hopefully it will speed up things for people as well, but I've come to find that that also depends on what pipeline you are on as well as some folks can access it quicker than others simply due to pipeline location.

We're already on a dedicated server, not sure what else I can do to speed it up. Maybe one of you geeks out there can throw out some options.

Also, thanks for pointing that out Duende, got that table fixed in the database.

Well lets see, as for the routing, that unfortunately is beyond an reasonable amount of control.

As for speeding up the server, is mod-php compiled with the Zend Optimizer option? have you considered caching options? when was the last time the Database itself was indexed?