Elmore Masterworks #9 & Pirate Lasses (so glad to be done!)

Jubilee

I've been working on these since GenCon, and I finished Friday afternoon! I painted these for Ralph at Minitureland in Germany - he is the German distributor of Dark Sword Miniatures and needed them for the game show coming up in October (I've forgotten the name!). Last year I did the same, and had to overnight the figures to get them there on time - this year I had enough time to spare to send them priority, and had two more figures than last year to boot!

Anyway, here they are:

both pirates together

elmorepirates.jpg

From the box set:

elmore9sorceress1.jpgelmore9drow1.jpg

elmore9adventuress2.jpgelmore9femalemage1.jpg

elmore9archer1.jpgelmore9fighter1.jpg

Overall I am pleased with how they turned out. I really ought to have taken a picture of the elmore pirates next to the other figures, they were markedly smaller - very petite - in comparison. I actually managed to get through it all with only having to strip a pirate lass (pre-gencon) and the fighter lass. I also painted the eyes on the Meier Pirates on the first try! Anyone who has painted something sculpted by that god among sculptors should know that's quite a feat.. :)

My NMM skills continue to be weak. There's something about it that just doesn't click right with me. I feel like it only occasionally comes together and I can't really figure out how.. *sigh*

Anyway, more angles are available at my website (http://www.jubilantcreations.com/gallerydsm.html) and you can find all of these to vote on at my CMON gallery, should you be so inspired (link in my signature).

Questions and comments are more than welcome!

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful work especially the hair as already mentioned....

regards NMM I know what you mean sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't and I can't figure for the life of me why.. I think maybe it is the scale of the pieces sometimes or maybe just dumb luck that highlights fall right...who knows not me If I did I'd bottle it..

great stuff