Alten Ashley, Monster Hunter

Malebolgia

Alten Ashley, Monster Hunter

At first, the model did not do a lot for me, but that totally changed during painting. What a cool dude to paint and what a great sculpt by Steve Buddle! The face is fantastic and he has terrific detail...not too much but exactly enough for such a rugged monster hunter. The painting went very fast and the model almost painted itself. I chose for a blue scarf so he would match with Alexia and Eyriss. Thebase is a resin base from Kerr & King...terrific bases for good prices.

The model was one of my models from my Khador force that I played with last Saturday...not only did I tie for first place, the army also won the Best Painted award! Woohoo! :bounce:

altenashley.jpg

The face and leather work really well for me. The weathering on the metals is good, but I would have highlighted the edges with silver to suggest wear and pick out the details more. The scarf is a bit too saturated for my taste. The dirt on his trench coat is well placed but looks a bit too much like the rust, some extra highlighting to suggest caked mud might be a solution in the futur. Any chance of seeing group pictures of your Warmachine force?