Heros

EricJ

I thought the comic book idea was really cool, but the loading times are so long and the ads are kinda annoying. I gave up about 1/3 of the way through the first season.

Vince, yeah, it's modern Japanese. I guess we can't expect too much realism. One other thing that was strange was that the daughter of the swordmaker was wearing a hakama, that's the baggy pleated trousers that samurai wore. Kendo and Aikido practitioners wear them nowadays too. They were one of the symbols of a samurai. Non-samurai and especially women were not allowed to wear them. I actually thought it was stranger than my wife did, though. Go figure. :laugh:

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one of the things which really made season 1 work was that with the 5-6 different plot lines vaguely intertwining until the end, you never knew how they were going to interact, why 1 plot line was important to another, etc... It had almost the "pulp fiction" effect of a lot of different pieces all making up a whole which was slowly coming into focus. So waiting and wondering what that focus was drew my interest.

This year we know everyone already, we know too many secrets for the story to do the same thing. We know how these characters are already connected, so their is no mystery about how fate will bring all their stories together. Likewise there is no sense that we must be watching one character because ultimately they must be important in the plot. Rather, now we have stories like Claire that just feels like we're watching her because she was popular last season so we can't exactly drop her from the show even though she really doesn't feel important at all anymore. So now they're all just doing their thing waiting for the next season ending catastrophe to make it's way to NY, which is already pretty predictable watching the plague woman and her brother...weather it's them or sylar who causes the danger. And we figure someone's got to stop it...would be more interesting season 3 if no one did.

Personally I think getting rid of Issac was a big blow to the show. Last season the whole deal was we knew the results of things, but now how or why those things happened, making a challenge to our heroes. It left us wondering what combination of powers was going to cause or prevent this. this season we know all the heroes and what dangerous powers might be around, but without any of the foreshadowing of anything.

i loved the latest episode...... and cant wait to see what happens to sylar. he's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. i can begin to see him possibly becoming an anithero at one point or another. and whats up with the chick who picks up wrestling moves on tv? pretty kick butt as far as i'm conmcerned. however lets hope she doesnt watch an old zombie movie.

i loved the latest episode...... and cant wait to see what happens to sylar. he's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. i can begin to see him possibly becoming an anithero at one point or another. and whats up with the chick who picks up wrestling moves on tv? pretty kick butt as far as i'm conmcerned. however lets hope she doesnt watch an old zombie movie.

No ubie, in the most recent episode, she's all "Whoa, I know Kung-fu"

It was nice to see Matt's daddy who can alter perceptions, and i think he got nailed in te recent episode and its good to see Peter starting to make a come back, and it explained how he got the electric powers, sort of.

Heroes (second series) started in New Zealand last week and episode 2 was tonight. I think it is ok and will be watching to see how things pan out. Hiro is pretty good to watch but I do also enjoy Peters story arc as well. I rather imagine the other heroes would end up with performance issues if they hang out with Peter to much "oh so ALL you can do is fly, man you should see all the cool shit I can do!"

Even worse Peter gets attitude.

Peter: "So I hear you're special. What can you do?"

Mimic: "I can copy any physical action I see."

Peter: "So what? I can do that too."

Peter: "So what can you do?"

Mexican girl: "I can stop the hearts of everyone around me"

Peter: "So what? I can do that too."

Peter: "So what can you do?"

• 2 weeks later...

spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!

so was there an 8th episode last night....i have been watching the episodes online. i got to the part where we find out that adam is takezo.....

and btw anyone else really hate matt's dad....i feel the contempt he has for people and just love it.

i havent hated a bad like this since boddicker in robocop. remember the blown off hand scene?

now thats a guy you can hate.

again, from this weeks episode, the season is definitely looking up...also could be because we didn't have to deal with any stupid cheerleader plots...she's really become my least favorite, even NIKI is better, which is saying a lot...

Although I'm not sure I really like Electric-girl. Her background story was DULL, almost like they thought "we just need a tool for the plot, and lets make her cute, and if we give her a super boring background, we don't have to worry about character development." At least Eden was a little better.

Eden was cool. I have to admit the whole Hiro in the past thing bored me to tears until it's relevance became obvious. As for the cheerleader, I really liked her last season, but this one she's just been annoying, and while I really like watching the Peter arcs electric-girl annoys me so much it makes it painful.

What's truly sad is the season is going to be cut short and Dec 3rd has been announced as that season finale due to the writer's strike.

as for the Story, this weeks episode was very interesting and Adam's power is very interesting, but I'm kinda curious as to what's going to happen next although i'm kind of torn of HRG, he's not a bad guy...he's just misunderstood.

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally watched the finaley.

I was surprised by a couple of things, and some were glaringly obvious.

I only hope Peter stops being so darn stupid and realizes he absorbs powers by being around people with powers. He'll then realize he's absorbed Clair's and Adams' healing powers and now he has the magic blood.

I guess Peter's heroic flaw is that he is dumb as a salt lick.

• 7 months later...

yeah, they have a lot to do to redeem themselves, as their ending in season 2 due to the writers strike was the worst solution any show had to the writers walking out. It was just sort of a "yay we won with no effort" ending leaving 3/4 of the plotlines as loose ends. Would have been far smarter of them just to build to a really good climax/cliffhanger and finish the storyline from last season in season 3 then move on.

• 3 months later...

Yay! it's back and it's pretty cool.

Sure it has some stupid bits, but I'm loving it, and the twist of goodguys becoming bad and badguys becoming good is very comic-book.

So if anyone is interested in discussing this show again, reply. Otherwise I'll keep my comments to myself and not give out any spoilers if you aren't watching it yet.

Ugh, this show only has one good season in it. 2nd season could have been ok but was screwed over by the writers strike and this third season they need to fire the interns they have writing the story line and get some people in with talent. The plot is weak and floats all over the place, character motivation goes against what is already established, and Parkman is on another vision quest (joy).