Miniatures sizes and description, etc ...

Nathan Caroland

I'm right there with you Nathan! I got a little taste of scale-iosis with our previous releases over at the TMP. If the figures look comperable across the brands (which most recent ranges do as illustrated in the terrific photos folks posted) I don't see why everyone makes such a fuss.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About football... that the heck.. it's foot ball... you know foot, on the most south region of your body... To kick the ball with... Hello... kick it once and then run around with a FOOTball becouse it's to clumsly shaped to actually work to kick....what's that?... you should call it runball then, tossball if you prefer, or who cares about the ball just ram into eachother, and the team with the least hospitalised players win.... sjeez.

What? We're American; we don't have to make sense. We carry a big green stick and talk like John Wayne, and that's makes us the cat's gollashes.

Anyway, our football is culturally superior for one very obvious reason, the huddle. The Huddle is what makes this the most important game in our world, you know, and that means it should be the most important game in your world too. Why is the huddle so important? Well that should be obvious. How else are you supposed to fit in a commercial? In worldwide football, people just keep playing and playing and they don't even take breaks. It's boring. We tried it here, and it sucks. Gotta sneak the commercials in the margins of the screen and stuff, which is way annoying to the viewer, and even more annoying to the ad people. You just don't love ad people enough Cindy; if you did you'd be nicer tothem and support a sport which makes their lives better.

A good sport has to have a chance for Nike to tell us what sportsfigure we want to emulate and for Mountain Dew to give us permission to be ourselves by drinking their soda. We need fake beer wars and car ads that make us feel instantly successful. because we identify with the yuppy guy and his nerdy but hot wife. After a good game people buy stuff. They buy stuff before a big game too, and if all goes well, heck, they buy stuff during the game. American football has far more action to it, because it frees up those dollars better than any mere European sport, and sometimes we even get to chuckle while we do it. Who cares what happens on the field. Baseball, Football, or Women's Nine-ball, the most imortant thing about any sport is the commercials, and until soccer comes up with a better commercial format, it will always be a second rate sport. Get a clue will ya!

Sheesh!

[/sarcasm]

that's nice but i didn't see any DA, Wyrd or PP minis in there :dong:

those are the ones that counts for me

I'm on it, witchfire. At least from the Dark Age perspective. And I'm sure FF will get the Wyrd in there too...you'll have to pimp someone for the PP angle. ;)

Personally I donn't care if the mini is 25mm ,30mm or 32mm. people are not all the same height. My only conceren is that the mini is cool.

Cool link btw.

Well, for 30 & 32 that makes sense, and as most 28 are actually taller than 28 it still works.

But if your army is 25mm and you add a 32mm figure, that figure is 28% taller than everyone else.

Given the average man is 5'10", the new guy would be 7'6".

Sure, people are different heights, and some are around 7'6" (I think that's Wilt Chamberlain's height) but it's extremely rare.

Going the other way, if most of your army is 32mm, then a 25mm mini would be like 4'6" - again, such people are out there, but other than children, they are rare (Danny DeVito is 5'2").

It's interesting though, some folks have gotten so used to 28 being 32-34, that when they see a 30-32mm, they think it's a 25. I guess if youaren't actually talking to people who design the minis, you could easily mistake the shorthand "28" references for an accurate description.

• 3 weeks later...

I've come to this a bit late haven't I?

Oh well, I think I made my views clear over on TMP.

There are a lot of people who don't know how big their miniatures are. They can't picture how big your miniatures are because 32mm means nothing to them. They think their existing miniatures are 28mm and therefore yours are too big.

But then there are people like me, an old historical gamer incidently, who is perfectly aware both of the sizes of existing ranges and the size differences I am willing to tolerate in a game.

I buy your figures, the people who complain don't.

I doubt the complainers ever will buy your figures, no matter what lengths you go to to show them, they'll never see.

I must admit that their knee-jerk negative reactions make me want to punch them in the face and, obviously, I feel bad about this. I can only imagine how you must feel when you read that tripe.

Best to ignore it and flag them as the *bleep*tards they obviously are :)

size is not the matter. knowledge and feeling are playing the game!

Seriously, this is the egg/chiken problem. Why all company should have the same scale? Trying to invade the tabletop game of other company? noooo! If it's the reason, please read next.

I've working for 3 years for GW, in a mani stores in France. All customers wants some Citadel Minis to play, nothing ells. Confrontation players wants Rackham minis and nothing ells.

The most important is that in a same collection, all minis looks same scaled. Not the same size, but same scale. dont forget that the legs position can change the size on a mini is you're mesuring from bottom feet to shoulder/eyes/ top of head/ top of hat.

dont forget that a "little fat ass" can be the same scale as sexy "mister Univers", but not the same size. The size of the head, according to me is a good locate.

Nathan I should like to introduce Mr Head to Mr Wall.

:laugh:

well, just got a batch of Wyrd minis and definietly they match the scale of the other popular manufacturers. to be honest i was quite surprised when i read that some people can`t see it. i just thought that most of the people know that GW and Reaper are in 28mm nomore.

if you find other idea to describe the models that would be fine. on the other hand it would be cool to keep the exact measurments - i find them nice (don`t know if they`re useful, but it`s good to know what size your mini is :D ).