Illyad Priestess

quite nice, of course the filigree bothers me, but it's rather minimal on this one. But mostly it's the whip, I understand the reasons that they need to make the thing so damn thick, but it is so thick that it does not make sense anymore. It looks more like she picked up one of those long tube pieces of seaweed and is carrying that around.

Yes I think it's the whip that causes suspension of disbelief for me. It's not just he size it's the lack of detail that makes it look more like rubber than rope. Of course you could always paint it up to be a tentacle with a handle at the end.

• 6 months later...
The german retailer www.battlefield-berlin.de still has most of the Ilyad stuff from "Le Retour des dieux" and "Chronicles of the Black Moon".

The site is only in german as far as I know, though ...

They did not seem to have anything from the Barbarian range, though. I checked on another French retailer, the name escapes me ATM, but they also were out of all the best sculpts including the priestess.

Yeah. I seem to be picking that up.

This is so flipping annoying. I think most barbarian minis are terrible-you got Rakhams <sorry for spelling> weirdly shaped spindly Kelts, you have D and Ds typical "oh look-its Conan with a huge head" or the humourous "tiny head massive body" ones that admittedly make me smile. I finally found the nasty, powerful and suitably tribal sort of northman or woman I tend to draw.

Thank you very much for looking tho. its appreciated. I would offer to return the favour but. Well. Im in Canada. I dont think we actually make miniatures.