Wyrd Usage...

I think the site gets a lot of use during 'work' hours as people peruse the forums and site due to being bored, etc. Used to do it on my lunch hours all the time at work and mostly the site gets dead during the weekend which I've noticed as well, actually, I've got a neat little bar graph to tells me when people are on, when, where, what they are doing and peak and low hours. Interesting stuff.

Hehe,

It's not just here. I used to participate in a lot of discussion and debate fora. Activity dropped heavily over the weekend, even the hardcore members. People who couldn't wait half an hour to refute each others' posts during the week would disappear from the discussion for the weekend. Then the threads would pick back up again come Monday. I used to do most of my posting late at night when I was staying out on the Navajo Reservation (where there really is NOTHING to do that late). I remember some of the other prominant posters included people who took calls or emails for a living. There were a few online Cusomer Service reps who had to be online all day, a coast guard dispatcher, lot's of college professors posting during their office hours, and of course the occassional insomniac (that'd be me).