NEWS: Infinity May Releases

You see how the shadows move across the fabric on the top one? They just dont do that on the back shot of the bottom one at all and there is no feeling of texture to the cloak or the back of the pants. Not that it isnt a perfectly decent piece ( I really like the base in fact and the camoe pattern is quite nice), but the quality of the paint isnt consistent across the whole miniature which is very important.

I do agree with that Vince. So many painters to choose from, and many would work for free....why have a bad paintjob ever?

Who the heck works for free? Still, there are a lot of reasonably priced proffessional painters. Unless the company is painting it them themselves, which I can certainly see, it never seems worth the bad advertising that is an iffy paint job. Bare metal is often better then advertisingthen an actual bad paint job though.

I freely admit to paint snobbishness. I just usually dont let it show in public. ;)

I for one like both sculpts actually and think both paint jobs are pretty good - the top one being the best overall. That being said, I do understand what is being said about the bottom one and that, yes, it could be better, especially when it is being used for advertising, but it is one that I personally would be proud of if I had painted it.

And Skya, you forgot to put out your pinkey finger while drinking and you just muuuust raise your nose a bit more and look down at the peons. Can't let our lessers think they are our betters mah dear. ::putting monocle in place::

:thumb:

And Skya, you forgot to put out your pinkey finger while drinking and you just muuuust raise your nose a bit more and look down at the peons. Can't let our lessers think they are our betters mah dear. ::putting monocle in place::

:thumb:

I so need a smiley for that. :evil: