This years painted fiigures.

Matakishi

Arrggg, that happened to me a year and a half ago ... I can really feel the pain for you. Nowadays I spray a few test shots on some cardboard to see how the varnish is going to react. People often talk about room temperature, warming the can, and shaking it. I think humidity is a big factor too. Since I spray the varnish in the dryist room where I live, I haven't had any problem again.

I'm with Anders, strip them and repaint them but varnish them one at a time.

It wasn't humid but it was cold which will do it too. I thought it was warm enough and went ahead because I've been waiting 4 months to get them photographed and displayed.

Oh well :)

I've already ordered replacements, stripping them is too much bother. I can repaint them in about five days from scratch.

LeadAsbestos, send me your address and they're yours to treasure.

matakishi@btinternet.com

I was using Humbrol varnish which is a good brand, I've had light misting with purity seal before but that was because of humidity and I could repaint the figures (so I did).

I have decided to move to a brush on varnish which will actually save me time as well as being safer. I'll have to spray group bases though probably so the fear will remain.

Madness I say!

(but I did send my address... :) )

I had a unit of 12 Citadel first-edition Bloodletters (the bendy alien-looking ones) who suffered a similar accident involving the first spray of a can of Citadel Matte Varnish. I tried to pass them off as freshly returned from a vacation in Aspen, but to no avail...

A drop in the Simple Green, and a fresh coat of paint- Good again!

Having had this happen to me before I have found that depending on what was used to varnish (I generally use Testors Dullcoat) you can sometimes go back over it again with the dullcoat and tone the fuzz down a lot. Wont usually get rid of all of it but will usually make it a lot more reasonable.

I have had that happen too but mine also bubbled?

It wrecked only a 10 man squad.

But was for a contest in the morning so I went out late at night into my garage where my spray booth is set up.

And covered them in GW Dull Cote

It wrecked them all the hole squad.

Mine was the cold or chill during the night I left them out and went to catch a few Zees before the morning....

Sucked so I feel for you.

Sorry to see and hear another person having that happen too.

(oh on a side note I set up a small electic heating fan in my booth now...

Duh should have done it before that happend...)