NEWS: New Darksword from Tom Meir

Yes, definatly like this one. I have a few Tom Meier sculpts, which are technically brilliant and make me froth at the mouth as a sculptor. But as a painter... much less so. No fun to paint them. This one however does look like heapes of fun... and ... hurray... he did not dot the eyes... finally.

Guest Eastern Front Studios

absolutely gorgeous sculpt..im wondering who will win the pirate which btw starts tonight for anyone interested and runs till the 20th.I think we may toss a few centavos into the bidding pool ;)

One question though: is that a bar of soap on the ground?

I think it's a match box. You can see the match that lit the candle on the ground. The sculpt is flawless and beautiful, but I'm not hooked to the theme and scene. She has greek statue beauty, but like most of them, lacks character (not fantasy) and seems cold in my humble opinion. Looking at it again, I think I found what is bothering me. Her eye line is looking slightly downwards. Some may interprate this as fear and devotion to the fire-demon. I would have prefered her looking into the fire as if facinated yet domininating it (hey, she's the one who summoned it ;)).

*** Yes, I know that I'm being very picky ;) ***