NEWS: Privateer Press - Tharn Ravagers

Patrick

To bad the one I like the most (second on the left) has those cut off arm assesory belt... which puts it in my never gonna buy and paint list. Don't like this kind of needless gory stuff. What is that anyway... gonna dress myself up with random pieces of corpse and scare off my enemies with the smell of decay?

But overall save from this personal drawback I think they look oke. The kind of stuff I'd probably buy if I saw it for a nice price and the buying mood caught me.

What is that anyway... gonna dress myself up with random pieces of corpse and scare off my enemies with the smell of decay?

It seems to be very popular among Rackham's Drunes anyway, since it's basically their trademark.

Frankly, this sort of rip-off is something I'd be quite embarassed about if I was a miniature manufacturer. It is so bloody obvious, especially since the concept is so similar to the Drunes (and also to some Sessair minis) anyway.

:lame:

Well, here in Holland we have a saying: "Better well stolen than a bad executed idea" (something like that...translating sayings and stuff in other languages is a b*tch :D).

I quite like them. They are fierce and chaotic and I like that. But it is a bit hard to see because of the less than well photos.

And is every faction in HORDES getting a 'regular unit' and also a 'big bad mojo unit'? That is a bit lame.

It is so bloody obvious, especially since the concept is so similar to the Drunes (and also to some Sessair minis) anyway.

You wouldn't be thinking of something like the guy on the right by the slightest off chance now would you Anders ;)?

FRBAEL03_1.jpg

[edit]

@witchfire : they need to get that book fixed ;). It's a shame because PP seemed to have a univers of there own.

[/edit]

That irks me a little insisting that PP rips off those designs when anyone can plainly see that Rackham, and now Ilyad, has ripped just about every design style, let alone most of it's fluff for the Celtic stuff, directly from Simon Bisley's interpretation of the Slaine: The Horned God trilogy of graphic novels.

slaine29.jpg

http://www.simonbisleyonline.com/galleryslaine.htm

It's like saying that no one can do orcs or elves because Tolkein already did them. Granted, I'm tired of orcs and elves and if companies move on to stealing each other's designs for spasm warriors, good deal. At least they aren't as overdone as orcs and elves.......yet.........

[edit] This also isn't directed at anyone in particular but just a general observation[/edit] :D