World Cup Predictions!

EricJ

:( awww, it's only the best international dogfight out there! Forget the olympics and all the annorexic 14 year olds flipping over stuff, this is the one which really gets passions going. Anyway!

Semi's:

Germany, Brazil, France, Japan (that's my long shot :thumb: )

Final:

Germany, France

Win:

France

I think they're still a amazing team, and people aren't focused on them anymore, like they have been since they won it, and they may just sneek up on everyone again. :)

I think US, might get to the quarterfinals again.

hah, I got my times wrong and they just announced the groups...

US of course in arguably the toughest one, and probably 50-50 to make it past 3 games...there are 8 groups, and the US ended up with 3 of the top 12 teams in the world in theirs (groups each have 4 teams)

I imagine you'll get more heated debate with the Europeans of this board than than anyone else. I enjoy watching it from time to time but never really got into it much.

Just watched some Rally stuff the other night after talking to Spacemunkie and I have to admit I think that would be something neat to see as well instead of something like the Brickyard 400, etc (been to it .. boring).

yeah, I imagine I would too, unfortunately they're probably all out on friday night or sleeping now...darn time difference...

BTW, France draws by FAR the easiest group, they can probably sleep through the group stage. Germany the 2nd easiest...

edit: not all of them of course, sorry Anders :)

Ah, at last, someone wants to talk about the REAL football, the only true football in the world, and the sport that is followed by more people than any other.

OK, well I haven't seen all the groups yet, but based on the last few season's I'd say the money is on Brazil to win, they have a very strong squad this year, a lot of very talented lads.

France too has an abundance of stars in their side and when they all click, there's nothing better to watch.

Croatia will pose a big threat this year too, but I can't see then getting past the semi's.

Being a Pom myself, I have a desire to see England do well, but unfortunately can't see them getting past the group stages.

Germany always seem to do well, grinding out results without much fuss, same again from them methinks.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some stiff competition from both the Scandinavian teams and the Asians as well, with Japan getting stronger each time I see them.

I guess I should run off and check out who's in what groups, then I can make a more informed choice.

hah, I got my times wrong and they just announced the groups...

US of course in arguably the toughest one, and probably 50-50 to make it past 3 games...there are 8 groups, and the US ended up with 3 of the top 12 teams in the world in theirs (groups each have 4 teams)

We are talking about Soccer...and you mention the US...these guys never have made it far :P

The US just isn't a real Soccer country...leave that to us Europeans or South Americans :P

But do not forget Holland (we are always amongst the favorites...really rediculous we weren't amongst the strongest countries in the lottery) as we probably have one of the strongest teams this WC in comparison with the last 10 years. And maybe Kalou can play too (he is from Ivory Coast and tries to become a Dutchman...but the minister of Integration won't have it...it is a real soap here :D), so the team will be even stronger. Unfortunately we have ended in what already is called "The Pool of Death" (Holland, Ivory Coast, Argentinia and Serbia and Montenegro).

And before you "boo" the Netherlands...don't forget who have coached you Aussies into the WC :D

Well, Germany is tough to pick against, just because they are at home, and it seems to be a huge lift in these things.

And the US has done well, we got to the quarters in 2002!! And we have a stronger team this year as well. Although we're also stuck in a very tough group this year and may not make it past groups without a good showing.

I'm actually excited this year, A LOT of teams are very very strong and should make for a great showing. But I'll still stick by my first predictions a bit up on the thread for teams to make the semi's, final, and winners.

Lets see some real predictions! :D

I'm siding with Eric here : France will reach the finals and it is probably going to be against Germany...

Wouldn't it be great : a rematch for the 1986 semi-finals, arguably one of the best games of all times and certainly one of the most controversial :2:

Will certainly enjoy watching the games even with the time difference : I reckon that most games being played at 5 pm or 8 pm in Germany will be shown live in Malaysia at midnight and 3 am!!! will have to sleep at work then, hahaha !

Cheers !