Magnificent Egos...

supervike

It doesn't seem that the minis from Magnificent Egos get much attention in the places I hang out... Why is that?

They have a pretty cool website

http://www.magnificentegos.com/

but websites alone don't make a great mini..., and I am all about the minis...

So far nothing has reached up and slapped me as being incredible. The stuff I have seen is all very well sculpted, but maybe just a bit boring and standard.

I'm willing to be convinced otherwise though, since it doesn't seem that I've given these guys a fair shake.

Direct me towards painted or cool sculpts, and I would be much appreciative.

Your thoughts?

Well with a boostfull (sp?) name as Magnificent egos you would expect something more out of the ordinary. I like a few miniatures they have but they don't really jump out at me in a buy me buy me way. I can't get them easily and they aren't the cheapest figs either... so it's not so much a I don't like them but more a I like others more and gonna spend my money on those.

That is cool, I didn't even know it to tell the truth, it has been a better part of two weeks since I've been there.

Anyhow, about the ME miniatures, I think some of them are spot on, and others just don't grab me so well, but in general, that is most any miniature company out there. I think it is neat that they have spell effects for the miniatures and I can tell you that I would have been all over that should I still be a geek pen and paper player.

That said, I think they are suffering from some paint jobs that could be done a bit better. Some of the ones that I think could be done better are the Undead Beholder and the Dire Wolf Drake thingie (personally, I want that one).

That and they put out the Henchman which is just too cool.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum browsing, pay no attention to the naked man on the box with the broken microphone.

I think those are fair assessments of their minis. It seems to me, that they are sculpted with the 'gamer' in mind (in both figures and 'spell effects'), as opposed to painters/collectors.

Also, and dare I say it, they may be 'boring' because (at least the 'human' figures) are closer to realistically proportioned and staticly posed than most other companies.

Just like many of use strive for in our painting styles....It is the exaggeration of the detail, the shading, and colors that make minis 'pop'. Maybe the same holds true for the actual sculpting of miniatures. Without a bit of over exaggeration, dynamic poses, etc. the minis fall flat.

They are technically sculpted very well, crisp detail, good attention to anatomy, but the lacking of dynacism is where (IMO) the fail.

Just like many of use strive for in our painting styles....It is the exaggeration of the detail, the shading, and colors that make minis 'pop'. Maybe the same holds true for the actual sculpting of miniatures. Without a bit of over exaggeration, dynamic poses, etc. the minis fall flat.

They are technically sculpted very well, crisp detail, good attention to anatomy, but the lacking of dynacism is where (IMO) the fail.

I don't know about that.. this one's not too bad...

MEO1053_Loduris_mtl_big.jpg

I do agree with Ritual with that the paintjobs aren't very outstanding...

:squint:

I do agree with Ritual with that the paintjobs aren't very outstanding...

Ah, so maybe its a case where a great painter can make a sculpt come alive? So, Magnificent Egos should get a few of their minis to some top painters, and see what happens...

@duende...what is the deal with the 'Hyde' lady in your sig? She looks very interesting...It seems the website doesn't tell me much.

And I don't suppose you bothered listening to any of his song clips on the website.

Looking under "Music" -> "Discography" is just toooo hard.

WHOA! I couldn't find the any audio clips when i first visited...but holy cow. I love the music. So I take it I can find this in a record store? Very cool 'metal' vibe to it.

So I take it I can find this in a record store? Very cool 'metal' vibe to it.

Well, if you lived in Japan, you could probably find it in any record store. My biggest source for getting his CD's is eBay (figures... what can't you find on eBay?)

If you want to know any more, PM me since this thread is really getting :offtopic: .

:tj: