NEWS: Captain's Daughter from Freebooter

Ritual

cute, I'd definately leave off the pistol, it doesn't work.

and I don't know, there are some very well endowed 13 year olds out there...

Yes, as a father of a 12 year old girl, I am shocked to see some of my daughters companions from school.....Um, did girls look like that when I was that young?

But, back to the mini at hand. I think a mature Pippi Longstockings is a very apt description. I don't remember much about Pippi, but what I do, I remember fondly. This mini has alot of character. Of course, the stellar paint job doesn't hurt, but I have recently become a big fan of Freebooters stuff. That Werner guy rocks!

But Ritual, I distinctly recall you saying you liked grossly oversized weapons.

You said it here.

http://wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?t=149&page=3

So about the mini:

Clearly it's Pippi. The pigtails out to there, the red hair and freckles, the mismatched stockings and big boots, the name (Pippi's father was a sea captain away on voyage, which is why she was alone).

Where it goes wrong is the breasts. I could see the gun being the right size if she were supposed to be six years old. But she's clearly older than six.

If they'd done her flat chested the gun would be fine, but knowing the mini audience, she's got to have cleavage and an exposed hip/buttock. That means she's got to be older, say 16. Then yes, the gun is hideously big or she's some sort of skinny hobbit.

So, I could see the boobs or the gun, but not both. Looks like the gun is easily removed though, so I'd paint her.

Her daddy may be a sea captain but she looks like her mommy is a Rackham Fianna.

I'm not sure about her either, it's hard to define her age, she looks like a mini for guys with a "Lolita' fetish or something.

:dontknow:

Her Daddy:

img3da6ee5e186b6.jpg

And Mommy:

BARG-03-02_2.jpg

...and you got Pippi the Pirate Girl! :vb_tongue

@vince

Yeah, I know I mentioned liking oversized weapons, but I was thinking more in the sense of bulky barbarian wielding huge axe. :tongue2:

I'll probably get this one, but I'm not sure I'd paint it as Pippi though. Since I come from Pippi-land I'm quite fed up with her by now...

Now that you pointed that out I'm going to have to buy a Fiana and paint her as Pipi Longstockings all growed up.

I did notice in the Fianna pic I used, she has blue and yellow pigtail wraps just like the pirate girl, and they're almost the same angles too! They must be related!

:lollypop:

I saw this mini (ans paintjob) in real life at Spiel. Werner had some other new and painted figures there I hadn't seen before. (like a new elven (drow?) like female mage... or atleast I thought it looked like that)... but I forgot my darn camera so I can't show you and they are not on the site yet... But I would expect some new updates on the Freebooter site soon.

I liked the captains daughter and can't say I really noticed the oversized gun instantly... but I probably would leave it off if i had the figure. I do think I would have prefered her slightly less voluptious at the chest area though.

well I just ordered her yesterday. I'm having probleme resisting cute limited edition minis. It'll had to my young lead girls collection :dancing:

the gun seems to be a bit oversized but that's not really a probleme for me, it's not ugly when looking at it, and since I'm not a 'realisme' fan it dosn't bother me.