This is just a damn cool miniature ..

Nathan Caroland

Yup, from the Monkey King line. I like the fact that they are taking a stab at that myth/story. A bunch of the stuff I 'really' don't like but there are some real gems in that line. Of course, like everyone, tastes vary.

I have read the complete story and I have no idea who this character is supposed to be. Still, he is a wonderful miniature :D

Sha Monk looks great, a little fatter than I imagined him, but still great. Idiot/Chu Pa-Chieh needs three more prongs on his rake though. I love Sun Wu-Kung! He does look a lot like Dragonballs Son Goku though, but then again, the Dragonball characters are kind of based on that story. I wonder if that monk is supposed to be Tripitaka? He doesn't really wear travelling attire, does he?

(By the way, here are the other minis: http://www.apocalypseminiatures.com/store/pd-1680285532.htm?categoryId=9 )

Resin is pretty hard to clean well and I can't get my primer to stick to it :D Also if you accidentaly swallow some, your tongue will feel funny and after some time you will experience strong pain in the area of your stomach. Don't ask me how I know, just don't swallow it or breathe it in.

Painting metal feels totally different from painting resin, but there are not actualy so many differences, except maybe that delicate parts in the resin are pretty likely to snap off.

Man, I would really like some of those Monkey King minis, but I can't pay - no credit card. Apocalypse Miniatures won't accept Paypal and I don't want to send a money order, had a bad experience with it. Does anyone know another store that sells them?