EricJ's Gallery

EricJ

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Klute, I'm sort of at that point that I've staired at this bastard mini for so long now that I can't tell what's good or bad anymore. Which is a dangerous place to paint from.

But now I've finished sprayed the bugger after just a few touch ups from what you've all seen last and should do the base today...I can't wait!!

and YES anders for this wyrd comp, I'll get something done!!! Now I'm determined...(not that that's got me very far in the last 2)

:coolpics:

THAT. IS. SO. COOL!

I love it! I want it! I think you did the right thing with a simple base, though that isn't simple for me, but I suppose it is for you. Very nice!

Speaking of WoH, I think that is a nice idea! I have to ask though, why are they selling everyone elses stuff, for some very high dollar might I point out, and calling it administrative fee's? It doesn't cost THAT much to sell these things, the Takhisis Dragon they are selling right now should cover EVERYTHING for the foreseable future.

Just wondering.

Jaw dropping Eric, really, really nice.

Ms Lily,

Hi, Administative fees, Shipping fees to the painters, ebay listing fees, ebays cut of the selling fee and paypal fees, Tracy found rather quickly that all of the fees for the shipping and auctions were more than she can handle out of her personal account. She is using the admin auctions to cover all of the above listed fees, when all is said and done, any admin money left over will also be donated (or so I understand). Tracy has spend a lot of time and effort on this project, she is not makinig a dime. :hail:

I hope this helps explain the Administrative fees, if you need or want more info, visit the WoH web site WOH Web Site

Gin

BTW, Eric, he turned out LOVELY, I wont win, but I sure will bid!

Are you sure you won't marry me? :dancing2: :tongue2: :hail: LOL

Gin

LOL, it's honestly really simple! I found a nice sized rock, I glued it to the base, then I glued some sand to the rock, painted the rock gray and the sand green...threw a couple leaves on their and voila! Base :D

Thanks for possitive feedback, I really nearly burnt out on this guy, so it helps :)

oh, and I forgot to mention a big thanks to Cindy for her help with a sketch I used for the banner (although her drawing looks way nicer than how I painted it!)

angelsketch.jpg

Thank you for pointing this out Mrs. Gin.

I have nothing against WoH or Tracy, sorry, didn't know her name, but the whole fees thing sounds off. I realize there are costs involved, and that there was shipping, but a lot of people on the site did that 'Adopt an Elf' and paid for the miniatures shipping and if I see right on the site, this is the first time I've been there, that a lot of people have donated a significant amount of cash, and then you have all the stuff being auctioned off for administrative fees.

That adds up to a LOT of money with just a bit of calculation and I have to say that I have sold stuff on ebay before, one thing going for almost three thousand dollars, and what she has there more than covered the fees involved. I hope it all goes well, just that it seems a bit much for people to be giving up all their stuff for fees which aren't going to be 'that' much, especially when the S&H fees being quoted are high for what the actual shipping is, so that helps cover some of the costs.

Again, I'm not trying to belittle what is being done, I just find the costs amazing.

Ms Lily,

Hi, Administative fees, Shipping fees to the painters, ebay listing fees, ebays cut of the selling fee and paypal fees, Tracy found rather quickly that all of the fees for the shipping and auctions were more than she can handle out of her personal account. She is using the admin auctions to cover all of the above listed fees, when all is said and done, any admin money left over will also be donated (or so I understand). Tracy has spend a lot of time and effort on this project, she is not makinig a dime. :hail:

I hope this helps explain the Administrative fees, if you need or want more info, visit the WoH web site WOH Web Site

Gin

BTW, Eric, he turned out LOVELY, I wont win, but I sure will bid!

Are you sure you won't marry me? :dancing2: :tongue2: :hail: LOL

Gin

Glad I could help Eric. And I think the banner looks great as it is. In fact the whole thing looks bloody brilliant. And that's putting it mildly.

Praised your work before and it sure won't be the last time (now stop being so hard on yourself and admit you are a good painter... well atleast think so every now and then and I will help remind you the other times ;) )

:peace: party on... keep painting :rockon: I know we all want you to :)

that looks fantastic Eric. I have to say though that I'm not so fond of the leaves/feathers on the back of the banner but I think thats jsut personel preferance. I really like the whole tone of the model.

nice work.

Also I'm assuming that's completely NMM...Do you use metallics at all? if so are you able to give me a few hints/tutorials on them?

angel of death

• 2 months later...

Hey Eric

I didn't understand at all when you said the fisrt time the limited pallette (with the first pics), i understood in general, but I didn't realized of this-> "The skin is a mix of all 4",

when you said you used 4 colors I thought you used black , white, grey and skin color (with the diferent tonalities of it)

more than amazing job on the skin :hail:

• 8 months later...