EricJ's Gallery

EricJ

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual, I'm damn jealous - especially consider the rest of us schmucks use free flow, $100 brushes and all this other stuff and you do it all with cheap arsed GW brushes and water. Arrrgghgh!

That said, I would really like your hair receipe for the blond lady up top there and the armor receipe for the wood elf.

What are your plans with the banner itself - I know you have shied away from freehand in the past.

ummm, I am actually guessing at the hair now, it's been a little while, and I have the memory of a goldfish. But I think it was (in order of basecoat to highlight)

Snakebite leather/bestial brown -> Bubonic brown -> Skull white

actually rather simple in terms of color.

The armor for the wood elf is:

Scorched brown -> Graveyard earth for the dark areas

Kommando Khaki -> Bleached bone for the lighter areas of the wooden armor

I have stayed away from freehand in the past, which is one of the big reasons I'm doing a lot of it on this guy, to push myself a little. So far the wood armor, leaf skirt, cloak runes, and dagger handle (my favorite freehand on the mini actually) are all freehand, and then of course the banner....which at the moment I'm at a complete loss for. I'd like to mix some wind imagery into it, just to fit the cause, but we'll see. I'm tempted to make a spongebob banner, so I can buy him back cheep, then repaint the banner for GD LA :firedevil

The base is still up in the air, I need to do a game base for him, but I may make it fit into a larger display base, I sort of see him up on a rock with that banner.

I'm glad you like the gems, it'd been a long time since I really did gems, I had to re-invent my method for doing them. :)

and then of course the banner....which at the moment I'm at a complete loss for. I'd like to mix some wind imagery into it, just to fit the cause, but we'll see.

hurrican.jpg

One idea I had was a version of a hurricance warning flag, but I think the colors would clash too much. Maybe an "elvish" version?

Just an idea

:idea: