Rogue Necromancy worth it?

Kotep

By itself it is a hefty cost.

With the right support (mcmourning 2 upgrade, burst heals for 5 fron blood poisoning, movement assistance, etc) it can be a monster.

I take it with mcmourning 2 almost always, often with mcmourning 1, and almost never with Molly.

In general if a model has df 4 and is going to be hit by enemy models, it probably isn't great. But rogue Necromancy is close to good. And mcm2 takes him to df 5.

14 minutes ago, Kotep said:

I don't have/use McMourning 2.. side note, how does he make it DF 5?

With McMourning 1 is the only thing I can do to bolster RN is to saturate it with poison?

Mcmourning 2 gives an upgrade by eating a scrap that gives +1 df and flurry, which turns Rogue Necro into a monster. Additionally the Rogue Necro attack with pouncing strike is amazing, and plastic surgery can copy it. So a normal crew might make 2 Rogue necro attacks, but I've done 8-9 in one turn before with a mcm 2 crew.

Mcmourning 1 offers poison and more importantly the blood poisoning ability to burst heal for 5 so you don't have to wait til the end of the turn for your heal. The crew also has movement tricks to move the Rogue necro.

• Like 1

The + on attack is great. I find I have the best luck with it if I don't overextend him too soon. Sometimes I get excited and want to throw it up T1 or early T2 and I'm almost always disappointed with how quickly it's taken out. If I hold it back a little bit more, I tend to have it last longer. 

I also have the best luck if there is some efficient way to heal it (preferably from range), as it will get hit, a lot. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

The + on attack is great. I find I have the best luck with it if I don't overextend him too soon. Sometimes I get excited and want to throw it up T1 or early T2 and I'm almost always disappointed with how quickly it's taken out. If I hold it back a little bit more, I tend to have it last longer. 

I also have the best luck if there is some efficient way to heal it (preferably from range), as it will get hit, a lot. 

A good trick early is to abuse projectile vomit to stay safe. It has incredible triggers.

• 3 weeks later...