2 vs 2 Faux

Shortcircuit

Me and my Crew up here in Canada came up with a 2 vs 2 format that is pretty simple. We work tag teams matches of 4 crews of 30 soulstones each. Mixes things up quite a bit. Last game we played Mei and Raspi vs Cooper and VonSchtook. Ok note to oneself Mei and Raspi don't work well together. But Cooper and Vonschtook are totally devastating combining close range combat and devastating ranged attacks. Gonna try other Matchups for the kick of it.

• Like 1

We did  the same here in Montreal. We played 25ss crew 2 vs 2. The matchup was Cooper 1 and Kaeris 2 vs Zoraida 1 and Viks 2. The later won, but we didn't finish the game... It's hard to be disciplined and to stop talking to your teamate. Everything was super slow, but it was quite fun.

We also played the all-out brawl variant and this was really fun. Quick, eventful and with a lot of laugh.

On 10/1/2022 at 7:20 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

The double rush is a fast paced 2v2 format.

One city in my country is running regular tournaments of the format, but I haven't experienced it myself.

I believe the rules are in the Gaining Grounds documents.

Yeah, it's been a good success, and it's a lot of fun. 

I tweaked the hiring rules slightly from standard Doubles Rush to make hiring a little fairer between masters with really powerful, expensive totems, and those with somewhat milder totems, but it's almost a copy-paste of that format.

8 hours ago, hydranixx said:

Yeah, it's been a good success, and it's a lot of fun. 

I tweaked the hiring rules slightly from standard Doubles Rush to make hiring a little fairer between masters with really powerful, expensive totems, and those with somewhat milder totems, but it's almost a copy-paste of that format.

So what is your alternative hiring rules? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 8:14 AM, SEV said:

So what is your alternative hiring rules? 

Game Size: 15 Soulstones

•         No Dead Man's Hand.

•         When hiring, Totems (or Effigies, if your Leader is a Henchman) are not treated as Cost 0. Instead, each player receives 2 additional Soulstones that they may spend exclusively on Totem(s). For example, Lord Chompybits (usually Cost 8 would Cost 6 Soulstones for Dreamer to hire, whereas if Ophelia wanted to hire Young Lacroix (usually Cost 1), she could hire 2 for free, or 3 for 1ss.

•         When hiring, if you declare Viktoria Chambers or Nexus One of Many, additional copies of your Master are not treated as being Cost 0, but their Soulstone cost is reduced by 2.

•         Fixed Crew: Each player hires their own Crew, independent from their partner's Crew and declared Faction. When hiring, players share a Rare limit; at no point can the combined Crews of both players contain more of a single model than its model limit.  Once hired, no changes may be made to crews between rounds.

• Thanks 1