Multiple sources of hazardous damage

inbrain

Question

Hi, I want to verify multiple non-marker (or mixed) sources of hazardous terrain interaction with each other

I know there is excerpt that rules hazardous markers (the one I attached). But
* Does it apply the same way to non-marker sources of hazardous terrain? (like marker + terrain or marker + Aura)
* Does it also apply to damage the same way it applies to statuses? My confusion comes from the fact that Injured and other statuses from hazardous markers are always +X while damage doesn't have plus sign   

In other words if my model is within an aura generating hazardous terrain (1 damage) and standing on pit trap marker (1 damage 1 injured) will it suffer 2 damage +1 injured.. or something else if it makes an action 

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 23.44.50.png

4 answers to this question

On 10/1/2022 at 3:13 AM, inbrain said:

But what about my specific example with aura and marker?

That situation is the same as a model overlapping both a hazardous terrain piece and a hazardous terrain marker--the model is standing in two different "hazards" and the effects of each are applied.

Aura effects such as Vent Steam's "treat the area as Hazardous Terrain" don't make hazardous terrain in the area redundant or join together with the other hazardous terrain.

Injured, Burning, Distracted, Focused and Poison listed with a + for Hazardous because those conditions are always listed with a plus--it's a numeric (self stacking) condition and the convention is that it is always Condition +X instead of Condition X.   If there were Hazardous with Fast, Slow, Staggered or Stunned effects, those would not have a + on them.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, inbrain said:

Aura and marker are going to be 2 different sources of hazardous. The call out you refer to ONLY makes multiple hazardous markers if the same name be treated as 1 marker for the purpose of hazardous.  

So it would be 2 damage and 1 injured on your example. 

Edit- just to clarify, it would actually be 1 damage, 1 damage and injured. This difference only mattersif you're looking at damage reduction. if the damage was written as +1 on hazardous, then you would sum the damage before applying it. The +1 on conditions is there to show it adds to to existing conditions. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

That callout box only refers to hazardous markers, and is only talking about hazardous markers of the same name. A model hitting a geode, a pit trap and a pyre marker will suffer 2 damage, burning 1, and injured 1.