Versatiles and O.o.k. in Seeker

Molly

The Emissary can be good, Take The Hit can protect Jedza, gives out shielded, is a tanky boy so benefits from being healed and his aura can trigger Chronicle effects on your opponent's turn. Just have to remember it!

Vernon and Welles can be good against WP attacks but also as a very mobile scheme runner who doesn't need to stay in the bubble.

OOK, Winston Finnigan gives arcane reservoir, a bunch of support and card filtering and Luck Thief can again trigger Chronicle effects on your opponent's turn. I tend to stay in keyword a fair amount though, Seeker has some great models.

• Thanks 1

I reckon Botanists have some play with Seeker if you hire a Lamplighter. Jedza can remove one of your two free Dim Lamps early one with Lost Knowledge to give your Botanists one grow token each. 

As the game develops, they can either hunker down in the scrum where they'll love your remaining Lamp once it's Lit - Df6 on a :+flip is still very hard to hit, and if the opponent removes it they get another free Grow token anyway - or they can spread out and score for you. With Grim Feast or hitting the :tome trigger on their Shockwave or :ram trigger on their melee they can most likely secure a second Grow token at some stage even without other models actively removing markers.

Each time a nearby eligible Marker is removed, Botanists Heal +1 so there's a bit of Chronicle trigger synergy there.

Is it the best crew to support Botanists? No. But will the crew sometimes still want to hire 1-2 Botanists? Yes. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, hydranixx said:

I reckon Botanists have some play with Seeker if you hire a Lamplighter. Jedza can remove one of your two free Dim Lamps early one with Lost Knowledge to give your Botanists one grow token each. 

As the game develops, they can either hunker down in the scrum where they'll love your remaining Lamp once it's Lit - Df6 on a :+flip is still very hard to hit, and if the opponent removes it they get another free Grow token anyway - or they can spread out and score for you. With Grim Feast or hitting the :tome trigger on their Shockwave or :ram trigger on their melee they can most likely secure a second Grow token at some stage even without other models actively removing markers.

Each time a nearby eligible Marker is removed, Botanists Heal +1 so there's a bit of Chronicle trigger synergy there.

Is it the best crew to support Botanists? No. But will the crew sometimes still want to hire 1-2 Botanists? Yes. 

Don't forget Lamplighters can make more lamps, and early in the game that's not a significant cost.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Molly said:

I was wondering if the same reasoning could be done with one or two surveyors, but I think so...

A piece heals; a geode marker is created, therefore it is possible remove it with Jedza already on the first turn...

You could do that, but I find that enforced activation requirement and use of master actions to power them up is not always what you want to be doing. 

Surveyors are a good choice to try and get turn 1 heals because they can easily hurt themselves with price of progress. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kogan Style said:

If you do get the ruling that auras count as terrain then Botanists will also heal 1 when the Kurgan puts up the mudslide aura, or when they start within 2" of a Moorwraith.  This will proc. Chronicles but will need someone to damage them. Maybe Sophie?

Its quite unlikely that they will change the rules to make terrain aura count as a marker, ( and Botanists need it to count as a marker for feed me) because that would have some huge effects, not least allowing lost knowledge to end a steam cloud, or working out how it would apply to Moorwraith rolling stomes

2 minutes ago, Adran said:

Its quite unlikely that they will change the rules to make terrain aura count as a marker, ( and Botanists need it to count as a marker for feed me) because that would have some huge effects, not least allowing lost knowledge to end a steam cloud. 

If Botanist start their activation in Severe terrain, they heal one (Planted Roots). Mudslide and Moorwraiths have severe terrain auras. 

Nothing to do with Grow tokens. 

another question please, just for confirmation if i understand correctly: feed me won't work if jedza removes kurgan (after mudslide) with her action? (i.e. she will draw 2 cards, kurgan will suffer 2 irreducible damage) but botanists will not take grow tokens because not being a seeker they do not consider kurgan as a marker. it's right?

On 10/3/2022 at 2:11 AM, Kogan Style said:

If you do get the ruling that auras count as terrain then Botanists will also heal 1 when the Kurgan puts up the mudslide aura, or when they start within 2" of a Moorwraith.  This will proc. Chronicles but will need someone to damage them. Maybe Sophie?

Aura terrain is terrain. The thing people argue is whether you can be in base contact with it or not.