Zoraida 2, which summons are must haves?

esqulax

Yeah, seemed like a missed opportunity to not cost the Red Caps at 4, they might actually see some play then.

I've heard a few people say they really like the Mannequins, for some healing and Take The Hit, but I don't have them so can't say too much. 

The Intrepid Effigy is quite a good all rounder, extra mobility is never bad and his aura can be good with Zoraida's high will power and ability to boost stats with Witch's Brew.

Shadow is great, as you mentioned, Hodgepodge is pretty good for healing. The rest are a bit more situational, depending on if you need condition removal, ranged attacks, a pine box, a lure or a ranged slow.

Don't underestimate the voodoo doll either, he can be one of the best models to activate Protected(Swampfiend), chip in some damage and get conditions on an enemy a bit easier.

the effigies are simply all fantastic and have a lot of exploitable tricks depending on the situation:

effigy of fate for example + emissary of fate (unless will be changed by wyrd) will guarantee zoraida a double "aura of luck" ... almost better than som'er I dare say...😅

the arcane effigy will give her access to a "not so expensive piece", able to remove the conditions (if i remember well, not present in keyword gremlins and serena as the only 8ss model nb)

personally I am happy that red cap is not among the available evocations; she would have had access to too many things and zoraida is not a mainly summoner.

8 hours ago, TeddyBear said:

effigy of fate for example + emissary of fate (unless will be changed by wyrd) will guarantee zoraida a double "aura of luck"

Having 2 overlaping aura of luck doesn't change anything... 

If you're on a budget, I would go in this order

Mannequin

Carrion

Shadow

Intrepid

Arcane

Wicked Doll

Lucky

5 ore fa, SEV ha detto:

Having 2 overlaping aura of luck doesn't change anything...

it was obvious that I did not mean overlapping auras. but if you have to split the crew in two for some strategy or scheme i find it very strong...and especially in zoraida2, where often at the first gaming experiences you may find yourself without (or in any case with few) cards in hand due to the continuous discards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

When I was looking at Zoraida, I found some 3d printable puppet sets and intended to just mark each one with a base color matching their faction.

Good budget option if you don't want to spend up to $320 on the effigies xD

You can also buy M1 effigy from wyrd. They're around 10 usd each.

• Like 1

My effigies collection consists of the 5 metals plus plastic Fate and Shadow. Playing Collodi in 2E prepared me for this Zoraida title well it seems. Not sure if picking up the explorers effigy is worth it at all or not though. Anyone had play experience with him that makes him be considered a useful summon?

3 hours ago, TimH said:

My effigies collection consists of the 5 metals plus plastic Fate and Shadow. Playing Collodi in 2E prepared me for this Zoraida title well it seems. Not sure if picking up the explorers effigy is worth it at all or not though. Anyone had play experience with him that makes him be considered a useful summon?

In a casual game you can do without it, but for tournament play I think it's one of the best summon. Lead the way give you a lot of movement. His aura is one of the best passive healing options (and make brutal obsolete) and it give you random focus on a mask.

Shadow and Carion are needed because they do specific stuff, but intrepid is probably the best utility effigy (and one of the best T1 summon  because of that). 

• 3 weeks later...