Good intro Strat/Schemes for certain Crews

doubleW

Trying to get some friends into playing Malifaux...
They just bought core boxes of master/models they like and ended up with the following core boxes: 

Misaki
Zipp
Brewmaster

Is there a Strat/Schemes pool you would suggest as Intro game - especially with just the core boxes of these crews? 

thx in advance :) 

• Like 1

All three crews you mentioned have some decent mobility, so maybe consider a Strategy that requires lots of movement, like Plant Explosives or Symbols of Authority, to show the players that they can win a game without fighting. You may need to modify it a bit for more playable in small scale game.

I strongly recommend the Symbols of Authority strategy from previous Gaining Grounds for intro games. It is a very easy scheme to explain to new players (go to the opponent's symbols and take an action to destroy them to score points) and doesn't involve killing so it's good to showcase the scheming side of the game.

Firstly looking at those boxes I would suggest a 35ss game, so as they get used to things they have the chance to include upgrades.

I like turf war as a interesting strategy,  it has both scheming and killing aspects. 

I'd then possibly try assainate, deliver a message, breakthrough, search the ruin and vendetta  as a mix of killing and scheming and clumping and spreading.  

If you find assassinate and vendetta aren't picked much because the crews aren't that killy,  then feel free to change. This is a more generic set up rather than a set specifically for those 3 crews. 

• Like 1