GG3 in the Bayou

Math Mathonwy

GG3 finally dropped. New Strats! New Schemes! New variants, even! Very exciting!

Any initial thoughts?

Carve a Path seems like the most extreme Strat in that you need tons of AP to pull it off. Mah has Roosters, Zoraida has Silurids - those seem like the neatest fits.

The other difficult strat is probably Guard the Stash as you need to spread so thin and have the numbers. Again, Zoraida seems pretty good here and Mah should be fine. Zipp should also work well and I don't see Ulix as a bad choice, either. The more bubbly crews like Somer and nuBrew might struggle.

The other two strats should work somewhat well for anyone. I could see Ophelia and nuBrew being very good into Cursed Objects. NuBrew should also be very solid into Covert Operation.

As for the Schemes - do we have any hope of scoring Load ’Em Up with anyone? Zoraida2 with Scheme Markers maybe? But she can do kinda any Scheme so I'm not sure when you would pick this one over other possible choices. Ulix?

Any other Schemes you wish to discuss?

Carve a Path:

• Models with bonus Action to move itself can double push the marker. So Infamous, Tricksy, Sooey and Swampfiends can do this strat very well, while other keywords may hire Bo Peep to do so as well.

Guard the Stash:

• It is  the Hold-the Place strat so it favors crew can stand and fight.
  • Kin comes to mind first and maybe Tricksy with Armor build.
  • Since it is position depending, Moonshiner can play the deny game.

Covert Operation:

• This one has 0 difficulty for most keywords (except Big Hat) and the point is how to avoid being engaged.
  • Again Moonshiner excels in this with his end turn moving, plus the number of 2" melee in keyword.

Cursed Objects:

• Kin is always the best keyword for killy strat.
  • Also Tricksy and Big Hat.

Load 'Em Up:

• The scheme does not specify so keyword with terrain marker, piano or pit trap, can easily scoring it.
  • Also the tide marker from the new Angler keyword, depending how easy they can put it out.
  • Loot Monger can play with scheme marker as well.

Set the Trap:

• Basically the Loot Monger game.

In Your Face:

• Again Kin likes to kill things.
  • Like 1

Great stuff, @Rufess! Love the analysis!

Some notes on a couple of points where I might disagree a bit below:

10 hours ago, Rufess said:

Cursed Objects:

• Kin is always the best keyword for killy strat.
  • Also Tricksy and Big Hat.

Isn't Big Hat, as a crew that likes to Summon fragile models, kinda bad in this one?

10 hours ago, Rufess said:

Load 'Em Up:

• The scheme does not specify so keyword with terrain marker, piano or pit trap, can easily scoring it.
  • Also the tide marker from the new Angler keyword, depending how easy they can put it out.
  • Loot Monger can play with scheme marker as well.

Six is a lot of Pianos or Pit Traps on the opponent's table half, though. Also, there's rather a lot of Marker removal these days. So I wouldn't call it easy but kinda possible, I suppose. Admittedly, I tend to drop fewer pianos than others so maybe others get to six more often. Pit Traps seem less likely.

24 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Isn't Big Hat, as a crew that likes to Summon fragile models, kinda bad in this one?

I think Big hat could do OK in this strat. Despite the summoner nerfs, bayou gremlins still have insignificant, so I assume they cant have any curse markers on them once they are summoned.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ja9nge said:

I think Big hat could do OK in this strat. Despite the summoner nerfs, bayou gremlins still have insignificant, so I assume they cant have any curse markers on them once they are summoned.

I can’t see them being above “OK” on the strat. Hope I’m wrong though!

I look forward to seeing how the new GG will shake up the keywords, and hopefully push some of the lesser played models into the spotlight :)

• Like 2