What’s your experience w. Sebastian Baker?

He is way more mobile than you think.

Copycat killer can teleport him around.

Curator can drag him along if you put a scheme marker upgrade on him.

The keyword is adept at moving people around.

And he himself is happy to spend AP moving, since really you just need to put up his aura and then drag other models into him over and over.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Regelridderen said:

Both of you @Paddywhack and @Maniacal_cackle seem to focus on his Why hello, Love -ability, but I’m already enjoying that with Seamus. I just have a hard time seeing how Sebastian’s use of it is that much better? Especially to merit losing out on the .50 and Hidden Passage?

He is much tankier so is better at standing in place to use it aggressively.

Also is min 3 with the aura.

And distracted enemies is a nice bonus.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

What Maniacal said. Yes, OG Seamus has Why Hello Love, but he's also very mobile, so it's often hard to use it as effectively. Baker is in a nice bubble and while he can bounce away with Copycat, he likes to stay inside his crew and let Belles, Sybelle, and Doxies push people around. I've gotten a horrible amount of effective Min3 hits off with him in a turn. If Sybelle is near you get to ping Distracted and another wound. With some models or terrain, his Bloody Display can trigger more free hits and he still has an Execute on his Take by The Hand to delete models if needed. 

I also like that he gels better with his keyword, not that they're great, but I like playing in theme. They at least have some use with him.

OG is more single hit big kills and not as interested in his crew. Baker is more a meat grinder and gets some help from his keyword models. 

Just my opinion though and to be fair I'm not a great player :) 

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Sup everyone! Managed to play Sebastian Barker last week and it was great. Crew generates so much ping damage, movement for enemies and friends and accidental attacks from Seamus, just uhh. Played Guard the Stash with against Misaki 1 (models with laugh off are pain, but other models die really quick). I took Seamus (wisper) with totem, Sybelle (GST), bete Noir, Doxy, Rotten Belle (died turn 1), Gravedigger and Sloth, not sure about belle froms start, maybe it worth replacing her with nurse to heal Seamus. Suddenly wp 4 jn master was not so bad as I espected, especially combined with stealth. Summoned 1 Doxy during the game and it she did enough. Displasing models on this strat and some positional schemes is great. Amount of distracted this crew can give to enemies is nice, but combined with Seamuse's aura it generates additional damage. Excited to play Seamus 2 on upcoming tournament :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm not sure about Belles either, though they are pretty cheap. I like hiring at least one doxy as giving it GST makes them quite a hard nut to crack. Taking two with GST is expensive. I think Summoning one is the best. Maybe down the line we'll get another good summon for him. I've summoned a Belle when I had the card and stone and already had two Doxies on the table, but only if there wasn't anything else Baker could do instead. 

Anyone have any luck with Dandies? I've just not been able to find a good reason to hire them.