Titania Versatile Crew and different thoughts.

kaintxu

Hi everyone.

I am recently coming back into playing and have been playing Titania for my last 3 games and all gone well in the league I join. The Masters I own as Neverborn are Titania, Dreamer and Zoraida

I was running Titania, Gorar, 2x Autumn knights (1x AP), Rougaru, Hooded Rider and Emissary. I was having the following thoughts on which I could really get some help.

1) I'm being drawn towards Titania all the time. I love how she plays and I know she performs well. I know Dreamer 1 took a big of a hit and not all that inclined into running him. I do know dreamer 2 seems good but wanna deal with OG Masters first. As for Zoraida I love how she plays but I have not yet had the chance to try her out. Could you guys recommend in which cases to bring in Zoraida vs Titania and which models are good for her?

2)I was thinking of replacing the Rougaru with T rex. Is that worth it. I know terrifying 12, with HtW and Titania Aura makes him hard to take down, but not so dure he is that good. Same goes for Rougaru, there are games where cheating into negatives has saved the game, but often situation. Any thoughts on what combo of 3 (Hooded, Emissary, Trex and rougaru) take

3)Who would you guys go for in a Turf War Strategy with Death Beds, Breakthrough, Let them bleed, Research Mission, Claim Jump and which schemes. If I was to go Titania I would choose  

Thanks Everyone

1) Zoraida has access to the first Mate and Silurids, both of which are very mobile. She usually is the better pick in Symbols of Authority. She arguably is better than Titania in Break the Line, but other Masters (that you don't own) can do that strategy even better.

2) In competitive play, I think the Rougarou is not a good pick. His main draw is Intimidating Roar, which you usually employ to push Titania and the Emissary. That is not worth 8 points, in my eyes, however. Apart from that, he is a rather fragile beater with a rarely usable bonus action. From the three picks you mentioned, the Hooded Rider clearly fits your list best. He can move Titania as a bonus action, does not have problems with Underbrush Markers, has high stats and a strong melee attack. 11 points is costly, though.
The Malisaurus Rex can be strong and is, to me, a better model than the Rougarou, all around. It's another high cost model, however. Which model is the best to round out your crew depends on the encounter and your opponent. From the versatile models, Hinamatsu always is worth considering, the same is true for Serena Bowman. If you run two Autumn Knights, you can also consider adding another Ancient Pact and a Bultungin instead of the Rougarou. Aeslin sometimes can be decent.
I think there is no clear answer as to which model could replace the Rougarou best, it depends on your opponent and the encounter.

3) In Turf War, Dreamer and Titania are viable. If you only consider their non titled versions, I'd perfer Titania because her crew is tougher. Research Mission is very easy for both of them (Web markers and Underbrush markers). Claim Jump is something that both can do reasonably well, too. Death Beds is possible for Titania (again, Underbrush markers). Let them bleed depends on your opponent's crew. Breakthrough depends on the deployment zone.

• Thanks 1

Welcome back.

1 From what I know, and how I play I would be more inclined to use zoraida if I'm expecting to spread out and titania if I expect the fight to be in only one or two locations. I wouldn't rule out dreamer if you haven't played him, just because there is an errata to him. The intent of ir would either be to make him nearer the right power level or to remove negative play experience. If you had played the old version and had a set of plans that no longer work then I could see a reason to step away from him for a while to forget the" wrong way". Zoraida has also been errata d.

2 as with so many things, it depends on what you are trying to do. As you say they are useful against different things, or at least in different ways. The rogarou is better at movement tricks but the rex will support a single huddle very well. 

3 without having seen tha table I would say that zoraida is probably better, but there are plenty of set ups that titania can do it, and overall us probably bringing a more durable crew, so helping to deny that way, whilst swamp fiends are better at the interacting. Scheme wise it matters a lot on the table and who you are facing. Swamp fiends do breakthrough better but fae are better at research mission, and probably make them bleed, but that is opponent depending. 

• Thanks 1

If you're not tied up by models in your collection, I'd suggest you look at the Erymanthian Boar and Kurgan. (I know Kurgan isnn't out yet, but I've been proxying him/her/it a lot with Titania)

The Kurgan, the pig and the emissary really work well together with Titania. With some clever placement of underbrush markers the boar really can get places if you push it around out of it's activation with the Kurgan. And the emissary really loves that huge severe aura the Kurgan can put up.

• Thanks 1

I prefer to run a heavy area denial list with Titania 1.  Titania will be bouncing around the battlefield as needed, dealing damage and making points.

I usually will only run one of the big monsters, typically Emissary. He synergizes well with underbrush and can clog movement lanes with hazardous.

I will run Aeslin, put her in a well prepared are full of underbrush markers.  She can then single handedly control the area with her built in "into thorns," on her Decay attack. She has the strongest area denial on the team in my opinion and is often overlooked due to low damage output.  She is there to deny points first, make them second, and kill third.

I like running two knights to hold down bottle necks on the battlefield.  Great for sand trapping enemies and challenging to cause hand drain.

I will then typically take Rougarou for the early game movement and positioning shenanigans. Followed by their late game ability to come in and spike high damage or score points.  They can be a bit of a tech piece and you have to play them smart.  Being to reckless early leads to dead Rougarou and no late points.

1 hour ago, Hawkoon said:

If you're not tied up by models in your collection, I'd suggest you look at the Erymanthian Boar and Kurgan. (I know Kurgan isnn't out yet, but I've been proxying him/her/it a lot with Titania)

The Kurgan, the pig and the emissary really work well together with Titania. With some clever placement of underbrush markers the boar really can get places if you push it around out of it's activation with the Kurgan. And the emissary really loves that huge severe aura the Kurgan can put up.

I had a look at kurgan when looking at Zoraida and thought he was awesome but never thought about it for Titania. Is he worth paying the extra SS?

as for the boar, I’ve also had a look, but find it hard to justify over the other models. Could you give me some tips on the boar?

thanks

8 minutes ago, kaintxu said:

I had a look at kurgan when looking at Zoraida and thought he was awesome but never thought about it for Titania. Is he worth paying the extra SS?

as for the boar, I’ve also had a look, but find it hard to justify over the other models. Could you give me some tips on the boar?

thanks

The short answer is, yes, he is totally worth the extra SS. Huge severe terrain on command serves the emissary and Titania herself very well for their attacks (and the boar of course, but I'll come back to that later). While the fae can move easily through underbrush, other terrain hampers them. The Kurgan provides significant out of activation movement for all your models. You have the start of activation 3" place (that can be closer to a 9" move, depending on placement), which doesn't even require an action, it just happens! Then you have avalanche. Yes it's an attack action, and thus has a lot of uses for VP denial, but mostly I use it on my own models to get them into position. It doesn't matter if they're engaged or not, and on top of it all it may also do some damage to your opponent in the process. That is a great ability, and you can actually do it twice if you're close enough.

The boar has the ability "Throgh the Brush", which is once per activation. The underbrush markers counts as severe terrain to trigger the ability, so say you place an underbrush marker a bit outside your deployment and another within 6" of that one. Then you can have the Kurgan lob him ~4" out when it activates, then use avalance on it to push it 5" into the first marker which makes it teleport to the second marker. That's ~15" up the board before it activates. When it activates it can use Through the Brush again if you have another underbrush marker or other severe terrain to jump from/to. With mv6, ambush and through the brush again that model can move another whooping 21". To sum up then, in one turn the boar can move ~36", and that should be enough to get it anywhere you want it to go if you plan the placement of underbrush markers properly. While you can have the boar charging around corners from unexpected angles, I mainly use it for schemeing. Also worth adding is that if it's in a tight spot, it does have germinate to provide it's own severe terrain to trigger Through the brush from. With the reposition trigger you can have it move into that marker right away to teleport out.

Mind you this often plays out as the boar being far across the table, most of my other models somewhere in the middle, and the Kurgan itself lagging a bit behind at the end of turn 1. But it does put a lot of pressure on your opponents placement game. And as long as the Kurgan is alive, it's near impossible to pin down your crew with engagements. (Armour+2 does help it stay alive, but watch out for ping damage and actions that target WP)

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Cranky Old Man said:

One of mates used the Boar in a Marcus crew last night and its solid. He was able to teleport from a forest acroos a building and into Marcus' severe aura. Was pretty cool. I am stealing idea where possible

The Boar is amazing.  It can be great for quick attacks on susceptible models (typically enemy schemers) that have become separated. He is also one of our strongest scheme runners.  I will be running him this weekend with Titania 2.

• Like 1