Sad conclusion of tinkering with Molly 2: she just doesn't synergise very much with her keyword.

Yeah I've complained often that Perdita is the real fading crew of Malifaux xD

I think Forgotten Marshal is better with Molly 2 than Molly 1 because you can generate card draw off the summons from Molly's bonus action.

But completely agree on fading. Both Molly 2 and Noxious Neph seem to be built around fading, and they tend to be just not good enough. Night terror fading is super good, except they die so easily. Free focused for Rabble Riser is quite decent, but it is just focus on a 6 stone model or on Philip. It wasn't even good back when you could stack like 8 of it.

I do think Molly 2 has a lot of power in Parade Route (with rams trigger), Baton, and Parade of the Dead. Baton damaging your own models is also really dumb, though... You have really squishy models to begin with - are you really wanting to be punishing their health pools?

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting reading through this. I’ve been running Molly two for a little while now and moved through a few iterations until I got to

Molly2 with whispers

Archie with whispers

2 x rabble risers

4x night terrors. 

generally I use parade route on 2 terrors turn 1 to push them to interact with whatever needs it, then run the other two making my crew concealed. The other models can then push out when they need to. I usually use Positive reinforcement once a turn for the surge trigger. And the night terrors using their bonus for card draw from remember the lost. 
Took her into a game Vs Pandora2 at a tourney on Sunday and won 5-1 with my opponent conceding in turn 3. 

might have to try the hanged though see how they get on with her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, feagaur said:

Interesting reading through this. I’ve been running Molly two for a little while now and moved through a few iterations until I got to

Molly2 with whispers

Archie with whispers

2 x rabble risers

4x night terrors. 

generally I use parade route on 2 terrors turn 1 to push them to interact with whatever needs it, then run the other two making my crew concealed. The other models can then push out when they need to. I usually use Positive reinforcement once a turn for the surge trigger. And the night terrors using their bonus for card draw from remember the lost. 
Took her into a game Vs Pandora2 at a tourney on Sunday and won 5-1 with my opponent conceding in turn 3. 

Do you find it withstands killy lists very well? I play in a pretty killy meta, and my worry with rabble risers and night terrors is they can all die in one activation to a dedicated beater.

3 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Do you find it withstands killy lists very well? I play in a pretty killy meta, and my worry with rabble risers and night terrors is they can all die in one activation to a dedicated beater.

They work quite well agains Killy lists. They way I play them I usually have 2 terrors on the edges/corners scoring points whilst the rest is in a bit of a bubble in the middle of the board. If they do send a beater after any of the crew they’ll be having to get past the Terrors negation aura, so even with a big beater they’ll be hitting 60% of the time. Plus I usually have some high cards in hand from the card draw n the crew. Then if the beater is in the midst of my crew it will have two focused rabble risers and Archie to contend with. With enough pushes in the crew to move any awkward models away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, feagaur said:

They work quite well agains Killy lists. They way I play them I usually have 2 terrors on the edges/corners scoring points whilst the rest is in a bit of a bubble in the middle of the board. If they do send a beater after any of the crew they’ll be having to get past the Terrors negation aura, so even with a big beater they’ll be hitting 60% of the time. Plus I usually have some high cards in hand from the card draw n the crew. Then if the beater is in the midst of my crew it will have two focused rabble risers and Archie to contend with. With enough pushes in the crew to move any awkward models away.

I'll give it a go!

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 1:57 AM, feagaur said:

Molly2 with whispers

Archie with whispers

2 x rabble risers

4x night terrors. 

Why Whisper on Archie? Just curious

1 hour ago, Cranky Old Man said:

How are you keeping Molly up with the crew? Mots of pushes etc but its seems she will fall behind?

She can discard a card at start of activation for 3 inches if needed and is move 6 with a relevant charge action. In one activation she can:

• Move 15 inches
  • Baton someone to get them out of combat, possibly with a trigger to do more stuff.
  • Have an AP to spare.