2 triggers ?

Thunderkat

Question

9 answers to this question

You are asking about getting 2 suits in the final duel total, not two triggers. Hopefully the answers above have answered your question for how the lawyer can get his :tometrigger as well as the :maskneeded for the TN, but here is am little more detail in case it comes up with something else. 

There are 4 ways to get a suit in the final duel total

- The card you use in the duel (Flipping multiple cards does not let you use all their suits, just like it does not let you use all their numerical values, but which ever card you use the numerical value to work out your total will also add its suit to the total). 

-A suit built into the action Stat

-Spending a soul stone to add a suit to the duel

- An ability on the cards that adds suits to a duel. This may be "Tools for the Job", "Reference the Field Guide",  "Power Converter", "Chasing Fate" or some other ability. (They all work slightly differently, but can add 1 or more suits to the duel total).

Some models only have access to the first option, some may have access to all 4 options. Most triggers are written so that they have the same rules regardless of which model they are on, so you might see a model with Critical strike that can only get a :ramfrom the card in the duel, so can never reach the +2 damage limit but the wording of the trigger remains constant over all models

:ramCritical Strike: When resolving, the target suffers +1 damage for each :ram in this Action's final duel total (to a maximum of +2).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2021 at 10:19 AM, Adran said:

You are asking about getting 2 suits in the final duel total, not two triggers. Hopefully the answers above have answered your question for how the lawyer can get his :tometrigger as well as the :maskneeded for the TN, but here is am little more detail in case it comes up with something else. 

There are 4 ways to get a suit in the final duel total

- The card you use in the duel (Flipping multiple cards does not let you use all their suits, just like it does not let you use all their numerical values, but which ever card you use the numerical value to work out your total will also add its suit to the total). 

-A suit built into the action Stat

-Spending a soul stone to add a suit to the duel

- An ability on the cards that adds suits to a duel. This may be "Tools for the Job", "Reference the Field Guide",  "Power Converter", "Chasing Fate" or some other ability. (They all work slightly differently, but can add 1 or more suits to the duel total).

Some models only have access to the first option, some may have access to all 4 options. Most triggers are written so that they have the same rules regardless of which model they are on, so you might see a model with Critical strike that can only get a :ramfrom the card in the duel, so can never reach the +2 damage limit but the wording of the trigger remains constant over all models

:ramCritical Strike: When resolving, the target suffers +1 damage for each :ram in this Action's final duel total (to a maximum of +2).

Thx

just to go over an example

i focus to draw to cards

4 rams

11 rams

if I pick either usually the 11 then I still get only 1 ram ?

Just now, thunderwolf said:

Thx

just to go over an example

i focus to draw to cards

4 rams

11 rams

if I pick either usually the 11 then I still get only 1 ram ?

Yes, the duel total is based off the card you choose when you flip multiple. 

Assume you had stat 5:mask you could either chose the 4:ramand end with a total of 9:mask:ram 

or you could choose the 11:ram  and end with a total of 16 :mask:ram

I have found people easily realise they don't use both numerical values (almost no one would think the end score is 20 in the example), but its relatively common that they think they would get the suits from all cards. 

• Thanks 1