Will’o’Wisps in Pandora.

Regelridderen

Recently got the nightmare Zoraida crew, so I suddenly have to think about our little glowy things.

And with the recent changes to Distracted, I see them as little bundles of terror at 4 stones - as long as you don’t run into a shooty crew. 

So I was wondering if people had some experience running them with our Mistress of Misery; Pandora? As an alternative to Sorrows?

2 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

Recently got the nightmare Zoraida crew, so I suddenly have to think about our little glowy things.

And with the recent changes to Distracted, I see them as little bundles of terror at 4 stones - as long as you don’t run into a shooty crew. 

So I was wondering if people had some experience running them with our Mistress of Misery; Pandora? As an alternative to Sorrows?

I know some people really rate Adze in Pandora's crew, which is a bit more tax-efficient.

But wisps would be worth a go!

They're great in a Marcus crew.

• Like 1

I really don't see the point... They're so squeeshy. Adze is nice, but I don't see why I would want to play a Wisp over a Sorrow.

I never tried them though (because who need to experiment something when you can convince yourself that doesn't worth your time 😜)...

Please report your findings!  

• Haha 1

I doubt, they’re as squishy as they appear - except against shooting.

When you charge them, you get Distracted, so they’re unlikely to be hit. They’ve got a 2” reach, so if it charges opponents need to deal with closing the gap itself, aside from Stunned, Distracted and Slow.

Then again Sorrows are great minions ;) 

22 minutes ago, Regelridderen said:

I doubt, they’re as squishy as they appear - except against shooting.

When you charge them, you get Distracted, so they’re unlikely to be hit. They’ve got a 2” reach, so if it charges opponents need to deal with closing the gap itself, aside from Stunned, Distracted and Slow.

Then again Sorrows are great minions ;) 

Yeah, they make excellent lockdown pieces, and with Pandora...

• Wisp engages someone at 2 inches.
  • They move to 1 inch to punch the wisp
  • They gain distracted
  • Pandora misery pushes them back to 2 inches

😂😂😂😂 I never realised it worked like this.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Yeah, they make excellent lockdown pieces, and with Pandora...

• Wisp engages someone at 2 inches.
  • They move to 1 inch to punch the wisp
  • They gain distracted
  • Pandora misery pushes them back to 2 inches

😂😂😂😂 I never realised it worked like this.

And the new guy, Dorian’s Misery is triggered by Distracted as well - and the Tyrant-torn can just summon the Sorrows she needs.

Trust me, they are squeeshy. I play plenty of Wisp with Mama Z...

Against mostly melee crew, I do agree that the distracted trick is nice with Dora or Dorian around... But a savvy opponent will just focus (out of Dora bubble) charge them... They are 4 wounds def 4 mini... 1 focus hit is enough most of the time.

And we're not talking about the fact that most crew won't bother and will just shoot them down

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SEV said:

Trust me, they are squeeshy. I play plenty of Wisp with Mama Z...

Against mostly melee crew, I do agree that the distracted trick is nice with Dora or Dorian around... But a savvy opponent will just focus (out of Dora bubble) charge them... They are 4 wounds def 4 mini... 1 focus hit is enough most of the time.

And we're not talking about the fact that most crew won't bother and will just shoot them down

When I use them with marcus, I hide them behind terrain and then hop over it and they're in engagement.

Probably not optimal against shooting crews as you say, but I find them a powerful roadblock there. Granted, spending 4 stones on a roadblock is very different from spending 5 stones.

10 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

When I use them with marcus, I hide them behind terrain and then hop over it and they're in engagement.

Probably not optimal against shooting crews as you say, but I find them a powerful roadblock there. Granted, spending 4 stones on a roadblock is very different from spending 5 stones.

Those bugger are size 2 (how is it possible, they'r esuppose to be tiny spot of light), so not so easy to hide.

I mean they're not worthless, I'm just not sure they achieve anything relevant with Dora... 

And yes 4 is different from 5, exactly 1ss less to be precise 🤣... Unfortunately they do worth 5ss with Dora.

26 minutes ago, Sprixus said:

If you have issues with focused, just take Carver. Pando and Carver can just rip off the focused for +flips on duels

It doesn't work if a) the duel is not with one of those 2 models; 2) it's your oponent action phase (he/she has the priority to use foucus... you can still strip the remaining one but he/she will still have one focus shot).

So it's still easy to focus kill a squeeshy minion like wisp.

24 minutes ago, Roadhouse said:

Pandora is already weak into guns, Wisps are more of that, as its been pointed out Focus means that you dont gain the Distracted, so a model with Focus can charge a Wisp and not get pushed by Misery.

I like Wisps in Marcus tho.

Worth noting that the theory was engaging models, so if they focus and walk into you they've lost an entire activation potentially.

5 ss for (potentially) a model activation is a bad trade off... but I will try this list just for the sake of it (and because I think it could be fun in something like BTL).

Dora + Ghost

Mama Z2

Candy

Dorian

Adze

Wisp

6ss

I will horribly lost and than it will be settle: wisp are not good with Dora.

2 hours ago, SEV said:

5 ss for (potentially) a model activation is a bad trade off... but I will try this list just for the sake of it (and because I think it could be fun in something like BTL).

Dora + Ghost

Mama Z2

Candy

Dorian

Adze

Wisp

6ss

I will horribly lost and than it will be settle: wisp are not good with Dora.

xD since Wisps are a support piece, seems weird to do it in a pandora/z list. Why are you doing that?