Puppetpocalypse

solkan

37 minutes ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

Which game system is this for? Is it the puppet game or malifaux I find it confusing as a newb

It's for Malifaux*.  I don't know if I have the timeline straight, but first edition books had enough artwork of puppet versions of the various characters that I get the impression that in some sense Puppet Wars ended up being an excuse to make the models for those versions.  And after the "full size" puppets last year...

(* Wyrd did a beta for the second edition of Puppet Wars before the current plastic box was released, and there were beta rules for all of the current metal Puppet Wars models.  But there was only the Dead Rider puppet, out of the four riders.  So if there are rules for the other three puppets somewhere, Wyrd's been keeping that a secret...)

3 hours ago, Jordon said:

Who would have predicted that we'd have not one, but two different puppet versions of hooded rider?

While I do love this box. I was sort of hoping for the next Nightmare box to be an all motorcycle (see nightmare McCabe) version as a way to introduce all four riders in a single box.

Technically not a Nightmare box.  “Twisted Alternatives”, I think, are regular stock.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 11/14/2021 at 6:33 PM, Morgan Vening said:

Should be noted a recent update of the App includes puppetized versions of several models. Can't recall them all, but I know they added Lady J, Seamus and Victoria cards, with puppet art.

When I saw the app was downloading them, I thought they were the MaliBurns stuff being added. I was wrong, but not disappointed.  :)

Has Wyrd announced anything in the past relating to puppet versions of masters being a possible future release? Puppet Vik looks pretty neat compared to the other masters... even only seeing half the sculpt.

On 11/14/2021 at 12:33 PM, Morgan Vening said:

Should be noted a recent update of the App includes puppetized versions of several models. Can't recall them all, but I know they added Lady J, Seamus and Victoria cards, with puppet art.

6 hours ago, PiersonsMuppeteer said:

Has Wyrd announced anything in the past relating to puppet versions of masters being a possible future release? 

Sadly, I believe those cards point to past releases not future ones. They're the oversized puppet sprews from the Easter Sale. I believe Wyrd said they were a manufacturing mistake so they might have been a one and done. 

• 1 month later...