One piece of Bayou

Skrytnik

2 hours ago, Nudelpullover said:

Ohh, this one is yours Hawk? Saw yours on a google search i think and it almost inspired me to copy you.

But i always hate just reusing someones idea, especially since you executed yours really well.

Let's see what i can come up with. Had an Idea with sticking his sword in the ground and him pulling on the chain, like he caught someone with the hook and is pulling them in.

Yeah, it's mine. I should probably take some better photos of it, but while I think the mod went well enough the painting isn't that great (was aiming for something more like the artwork).

Didn't mean to highjack Skrytniks thread here, though. His silent knight is just so incredible, so... lush? Love the colours and the perfect blending. And that sword is just... wow!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hawkoon said:

Поза действительно не сработала для меня. Переставлять довольно сложно, поскольку модель металлическая, но даже незначительный моддинг творит чудеса. (это даже близко не так хорошо нарисовано, как это делает @Skrytnik)

https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/image/16438-bg-18/

Wow! This is really a great reposing! The miniature has become much better and looks fresh and interesting. I already regret that I didn't guess before this) And thank you so much for the criticism (so light and gentle) - this is very important for me as an artist.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Skrytnik said:

Wow! This is really a great reposing! The miniature has become much better and looks fresh and interesting. I already regret that I didn't guess before this) And thank you so much for the criticism (so light and gentle) - this is very important for me as an artist.

Thank you!

For what it's worth, what I think the problem with the pose is that his shoulders and stance is far too wide and static.

What I did was cut off his arms and shave off about 1mm on each before refitting them in a more relaxed pose. For his legs it was a bit harder because it's all one massive piece of metal. I made a couple of wide cuts on the backside of his hips and then forced the legs closer together all the way from the hip and down to his feet. This also made his feet stand in an angle (which also gives for a more natural relaxed pose). I love the artwork for this model, so I used that as a referance to get the pose I wanted. I still felt he was lacking something so I added quite a lot of bits to him (and I probably overdid it :P )

Looking forwards to see the next model Skrytnik puts up here 😍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/27/2021 at 4:15 PM, Skrytnik said:

Sure. These are bran (wheat, probably), which I painted in different shades of pink, then dried and pasted on the padding pad)

On 8/24/2021 at 11:56 PM, Skrytnik said:

This guy isn't from Bayou, he was just passing by :)

8a.jpg

9a.jpg

10a.jpg

11a.jpg

Here you would paint infiniti with such zeal, there would be no price for you 

• Like 1