Nellie and lawyer shenanigans

belorey

Question

If Nellie make "One More Question!" on an enemy model within 6" of a friendly Guild Lawyer the Chatty abilitie works so the enemy model must gain Slow, discard a card from Chatty and take Interact Action to give Focus +1 and a card draw to Nellie. 

The question is, can the enemy decided not to discard the card? I say it's not possible because both (Nellie's attack and Lawyer's Chatty is something you must do) but @4thstringer told me there are some people who are not agree with this. So i want some clarification or see the other point of view.

IMG_20210307_142050.thumb.jpg.f20717ed267e1bb55c6455fc6fcb8684.jpg

IMG_20210307_142110.thumb.jpg.4858926e86d334eef35d28bc05998cd6.jpg

6 answers to this question

Try this observation:  If you’re the one controlling the Interact action (because Nellie’s other aura is in range), you’re the one discarding the card.

Disclaimer:  “there are some people who do not agree with this” is a useless thing to say.  There are, after all, flat earthers on YouTube.  .😷

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, solkan said:

Try this observation:  If you’re the one controlling the Interact action (because Nellie’s other aura is in range), you’re the one discarding the card.

No because in the FAQs (Section 5-12) said that the Exclusive Interview is considered both friendly and enemy.

Anyway if the model isn't within 2" if Nellie?

42 minutes ago, belorey said:

No because in the FAQs (Section 5-12) said that the Exclusive Interview is considered both friendly and enemy.

Anyway if the model isn't within 2" if Nellie?

It is because if you obey a model and have to discard a card as a cost or similar, you pay the cost. Not because of friendly/enemy.

It seems clear to me you have to discard and interact. Any idea what the argument is that they don't have to do it? There is a must and a must. If Chatty said "may discard a card or the action fails", then it would be optional.